DealerAuthority Walking on Eggshells & #MeToo

Rose McGowan Calls #MeToo Movement 'Bullsh*t'
https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2018/10/rose-mcgowan-calls-metoo-movement-bullshit

The women taking part in the #MeToo movement are undoubtedly used to their fair share of public attacks. The unfortunate truth is that any time a woman comes forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against a famous man, there are going to be those who lash out at the accuser in defense of a person they formerly admired. But the latest attack isn't coming from some internet troll or Kevin Spacey superfan. Charmed actress and Harvey Weinstein accuser Rose McGowan called the entire campaign "bullshit" in a new interview with The Sunday Times.

“It’s all bullshit,” the activist and actress said. “It’s a lie. It’s a Band-Aid lie to make them feel better.”

“It’s all bullshit,” the activist and actress said. “It’s a lie. It’s a Band-Aid lie to make them feel better.”

Not really. That's a gross understatement.
Not only did the movement already take down multiple offenders, but it has continue to shed light on even more issues.
More than one thing can be true at once and it's certainly also true that the movement has had some misfires, downsides, etc.
But the realities I've seen are:

The Good
  • Weinstein finally got something vaguely resembling what he deserves and his business is over
  • Disadvantaged people in situations where they have no support network now have a group they can connect with to fix things
  • Many of the dirtbag men who were a problem are now less likely to be a dirtbag (not backed by science, but I would think so)
  • People (of all genders) are realizing that their power doesn't let them get away with anything they want
The Bad
  • Reports are coming in that this is having a negative impact on females being promoted in the workplace, based on the theory that the movement has gone "too far" and made it risky. Now people are saying "Maybe Mike Pence had it right". Good example is the date story from Aziz Ansari.
  • There have been false accusations that use #meToo to get traction for false claims that ruin people's lives (this is the minority of claims, not the majority)
I had no intention of leaving a comment here because, frankly speaking, this topic is just so loaded.
This deals with an area many people never consider, but a subject matter that has changed the lives of many people irreversibly.

Not really. That's a gross understatement.
Not only did the movement already take down multiple offenders, but it has continue to shed light on even more issues.
More than one thing can be true at once and it's certainly also true that the movement has had some misfires, downsides, etc.
But the realities I've seen are:

The Good
  • Weinstein finally got something vaguely resembling what he deserves and his business is over
  • Disadvantaged people in situations where they have no support network now have a group they can connect with to fix things
  • Many of the dirtbag men who were a problem are now less likely to be a dirtbag (not backed by science, but I would think so)
  • People (of all genders) are realizing that their power doesn't let them get away with anything they want
The Bad
  • Reports are coming in that this is having a negative impact on females being promoted in the workplace, based on the theory that the movement has gone "too far" and made it risky. Now people are saying "Maybe Mike Pence had it right". Good example is the date story from Aziz Ansari.
  • There have been false accusations that use #meToo to get traction for false claims that ruin people's lives (this is the minority of claims, not the majority)
I had no intention of leaving a comment here because, frankly speaking, this topic is just so loaded.
This deals with an area many people never consider, but a subject matter that has changed the lives of many people irreversibly.
Well she's a victim and she's calling it out. I stick with that.

Well she's a victim and she's calling it out. I stick with that.

She's not talking about the movement as much as she is the people that are using the movement as a virtue signal.
You sort of CNN'd that article and left out the most important parts.

“I know these people, I know they’re lily-livered, and as long as it looks good on the surface, to them, that’s enough.” she said of Hollywood activists. “They’re not champions. I just think they’re losers.”

She took the whole thing quite seriously, being one of the first accusers to get real traction.
She even stood by the movement when her good friend Asia Argento was accused, severing ties with her over her hypocrisy.

When she says "it's bullshit" she's referring specifically to the people who are using this movement inappropriately and/or hypocritically.
Basically, calling bullshit on things like Lena Dunham, who stood up for #meToo until her friend got accused and then disappeared into the night.

She's not talking about the movement as much as she is the people that are using the movement as a virtue signal.
You sort of CNN'd that article and left out the most important parts.

She took the whole thing quite seriously, being one of the first accusers to get real traction.
She even stood by the movement when her good friend Asia Argento was accused, severing ties with her over her hypocrisy.

When she says "it's bullshit" she's referring specifically to the people who are using this movement inappropriately and/or hypocritically.
Basically, calling bullshit on things like Lena Dunham, who stood up for #meToo until her friend got accused and then disappeared into the night.
She's referring to what it has become, which is a trendy way of saying "give me attention, I need some form of acceptance. " That's what I like about what she's stating. Funny, haven't heard much out of #metoo lately. Seems odd and let's not act like it still doesn't go on, when it does. A trend?

I have two daughters. Someone hurts them it's shotgun time, I'll deal with cops later.

Edit: you can disagree but come back and talk to me when you have daughters. This entire #metoo crap was mostly a witch hunt. Boo hoo... where are they now?! Oh I know... happy through their lawsuit money, living in luxury.

Last edited:
And while you're at it with this pathetic (non-automotive) paid thread, keep in mind the fucktards on the left that cry wolf, yet use it to their advantage.

Willie Brown admits it: Kamala Harris slept her way to the top
https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...t_kamala_harris_slept_her_way_to_the_top.html

It does reminds me of the old Sam Kinison skit where he talks about how the women are the ones who really have the power because they have the p*ssy... don't act like a victim when you have your finger on the trigger... probably not on YT due to 'language'.
I'm sure there are stories models who are now #metoo but act like harlots to get the shot...

Asia Argento Accused of Sexual Battery of a Minor, Paying Hush Money
https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/...-of-sexual-battery-of-a-minor-paying-hush-mo/ this is probably my favorite now that I think about it... probably why Anthony Bourdain off'd himself realizing what a hypocrite he'd become.

Asia Argento was one of the first of so many to publicly accuse Harvey Weinstein of rape. Now, Asia has reportedly been accused of sexual assault by a former child actor. Documents reveal the incident took place when he was 17 -- and that Asia paid him money to keep him from suing.

Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/19/us/asia-argento-assault-jimmy-bennett.html

Hey @Alexander Lau, you took this thread "non-automotive" my friend. The original post and link to Sandy's article were very much on point for our industry in my opinion.

I've spent a significant amount of time with @erika_simms over the last several years and met Sandy a few weeks ago at IDS too. They are both great people and extremely knowledgeable in their respective subject matter. Knowing them both personally, I wanted to speak up and say that I believe their intentions were to highlight a topic that IS important for our industry to consider. No doubt that this is a politically charged issue, but I don't have to agree with the politics of either side to recognize a cultural shift that may necessitate an operational change. Sandy did a good job of illustrating that with some actionable advice.

Couple last thoughts:
1. Anybody reading this, click the link to the blog Erika posted. It's worth the read.
2. @craigh, you nailed it in your first post!

I find it absolutely abhorrent and repugnant that anyone can cry wolf, "ohhhh me too..." and the next thing you know the accused are being publicly lambasted for it without due process.

BTW, it's exactly what happened to Democratic Senator Al Franken.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-...-resignation-and-the-selective-force-of-metoo

There was one notable absence in his speech: Franken did not apologize. In fact, he made it clear that he disagreed with his accusers. “Some of the allegations against me are simply not true,” he said. “Others I remember very differently.” He had, it seems, been attempting to buy calm time to work while a Senate ethics committee looked into the accusations. But, by Thursday morning, thirty-two Democratic senators had called on Franken to resign. The force of the #MeToo moment leaves no room for due process, or, indeed, for Franken’s own constituents to consider their choice.

In an eleven-minute speech, in which Franken announced his intention to resign from the Senate, he made this much clear: the force that is ending his political career is greater than the truth, and this force operates on only roughly half of this country’s population—those who voted for Hillary Clinton and who consume what we still refer to as "mainstream media."

EDIT: and that fact that you don't see this @craigh makes you look silly. It's amazing... let's all make accusations against people without due process! That doesn't sound very smart to me or LEGAL. Don't look for consistency... oh wait, it's just not the consistency that #metoo wants to see...!

Last edited: