• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

We still buy from those we LIKE, right?

ryan.leslie

One of the good guys
Apr 20, 2009
Awards
First Name
Ryan
Credit first to Craig Lockerd from Automax Recruiting and Training for sharing this. I'm not sure that he frequents DealerRefresh and this was just too good NOT to share with this community.

His style is his for sure and shouldn't be attempted unless you share his personality, but I couldn't help but think how awesome a video walkaround emailed to a customer from this guy would be for lead to show ratio. If this guy comes to my door he'll get $50 and leave with his product. Come to think of it, I bet he carries that same bottle all day long.

"you just go back and forth like an argument."

Last edited:
"My momma says if it's darker than me and it don't pay the bills, it don't belong."" :rofl: I saw this a few days ago when Manny Luna posted it on another site.

Selling is about being a good actor and this guy has his act down. I guarantee we could follow this guy around all day long and we'd hear the sames sales pitch over and over. He's developed a script and mastered it to the point where delivery is second nature. Nothing different than what we're trying to teach automotive sales professionals with scripts. By inserting personality into your delivery, you'll close more sales.

I would bet the very first time he knocked on a door it wasn't as good as this, thus I loved his line; "two years of door to door sales is like 4 years in college." One might think this is where the term "school of hard knocks" originated.

I would buy a crappy product from him over a good product being sold by a crappy salesperson. I'd also hire this guy tomorrow if he were available.

I'd also hire this guy tomorrow if he were available.

I said the exact same thing the first time I watched. Good call on the scripting Jerry.

This is a great example of a pro, whether it's door to door sales or any other kind of profession, you can bet this guy prepared his ass off and it's obviously paying off!

Who woudn't buy what he's selling. All of a sudden 15% closing on all internet leads is a low bar if you had a player like this!