• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Websites and Phone Numbers

Jun 20, 2009
First Name
Muller
Quick question for everyone:

Are phone numbers a mandatory field from your dealer website contact forms?

Currently, I get a ton of leads without phone numbers from Dealer.com, and I find I have a MUCH harder time making any contact with those prospects.

Do you think it would be beneficial to make phone numbers mandatory (if possible) on my contact forms?

Any response is appreciated.

Thanks!

Quick question for everyone:

Are phone numbers a mandatory field from your dealer website contact forms?

Currently, I get a ton of leads without phone numbers from Dealer.com, and I find I have a MUCH harder time making any contact with those prospects.

Do you think it would be beneficial to make phone numbers mandatory (if possible) on my contact forms?

Any response is appreciated.

Thanks!
It's a quandary; If it's required, less people will submit BUT the ones that do would be easier to reach. The ones that don't give up a phone number pretty obviously don't want to be contacted by phone.

I'm not sure there is an easy answer.

I had this problem with Dealer.com. I experimented a little bit and found out that if you take the requirements away from ALL the fields, the users will tend to add their phone numbers more. Our total submission rate increased 2.3% and our leads with phone numbers increased almost 19%!

Give it a try. :D

I switched to requiring a phone # on almost all forms now and only get a few from CL and GM without now... much better... and once it settled in there is really no drop in quantity if you consider how low the contact rate was without a phone #.