• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What AI search engines are you using?

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
On :unclejoe: @joe.pistell's suggestion, I have been trying Perplextity.ai on and off for a while. At first, I wasn't too keen on the results, but lately it has gotten much better! A couple of recent searches haven't just mirrored my own opinions ("what's the best pizza in Vermont" for example) that no search engine would give, but it is also taking me into new sources I wasn't aware of. The convenience of it distilling results into paragraphs of content instead of pages of crappy meta descriptions is far more convenient too.

Anyway, there's a vote for Perplexity.

I'd love to see this thread turn into a library of new search tools. What have you tried, and what do you think of it?

Reactions: Jon Singo
I keep waving the banner for Perplexity for the same reasons. Simply the best one I've found so far. The company is trying to position itself to be a replacement for Google Search. Tall order but the tech is there, they just need the marketing and adoption.

My favorite part is how it aggregates and lists the sources it uses in search. Don't like the answer? Here's the 5 top website it looked at to find the answer so you can research/verify for yourself.

Reactions: Alex Snyder
Quick search story, my next door neighbor was super stressed one day. His brother was having a bachelor party in the coming week and the golf resort they booked was forecasted for thunderstorms for 3 days in a row. They booked months ago so they were scrambling to change and were going to give up their deposit.

I searched for golf resorts in 3 local states that has no rain the forecast ordered by their reviews and he was blown away. This was just paid GPT.

I also really like how much better the local memory / context has improved last few months. Uploading multiple files then using that data as a reference to create a search, then iterating on the results and refining is so powerful. So many ways to leverage this.

Optimization for ai is different in a number of ways. For one keywords are less important and natural language is more important. This is just good all around for humans also.

I can see schema markup being expanded and specialized more with sites essentially having their own knowledge graphs. This provides a framework for generative search to leverage that people are already familiar with.

The quality of the data powering sites, the systems that manage this and the skills needed to understand and improve it are all areas that will as see new focus.

On :unclejoe: @joe.pistell's suggestion, I have been trying Perplextity.ai on and off for a while. At first, I wasn't too keen on the results, but lately it has gotten much better! A couple of recent searches haven't just mirrored my own opinions ("what's the best pizza in Vermont" for example) that no search engine would give, but it is also taking me into new sources I wasn't aware of. The convenience of it distilling results into paragraphs of content instead of pages of crappy meta descriptions is far more convenient too.

Anyway, there's a vote for Perplexity.

I'd love to see this thread turn into a library of new search tools. What have you tried, and what do you think of it?
Glad to hear Perplexity.ai is improving for you! I’ve found it useful too for getting concise info and discovering new sources.