• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What data do you wish the OEM would supply you?

Rick Buffkin

Sausage King of Chicago
Oct 29, 2009
Awards
First Name
Rick
Guys, I've been thinking about this for a while and I know some of you guys have mentioned it here in the forums. Most of the OEM's now have partnerships with pretty much all of the larger website providers for dealers. What in the he-double L are they doing with all the data that's being collected off of all the dealership's websites, Manufacture sites and regional OEM sites??? I don't see any of it from our OEM's!!! ZERO! Zilch! This got me thinking on a few diff ways they could serve up the data to the dealers that would actually be beneficial to us. Using some of the logic from VAuto's tool, Why not apply the data in the dealer OEM portal like this:
  • In the OEM dealer portal, show the dealers an average market days supply for your dealership when ordering new vehicles for each vehicle in the ordering process. Include colors, options, etc.. Use the same logic when doing a dealer trade.
  • Show the dealers in the portal the most search vehicles in their inventory along with how their inventory stacks up to the market demand in their PMA.
  • Show the dealers a digital Pump In / Pump Out report. (Ex: Visitors that visited your website, pixel'ed by the OEM, then retargeted and sent to the regional OEM site and ended up on your competitor's website. (this happens more than you know)
You know, I hear it all the time about how important it is to watch inventory and turn. Especially now-a-days with pricing rules and reg's. What's being done with the shopper data??? Does anybody know?? I could literally go on for quite a while about this but, I'll keep it short for now!! Anyone want to chime in with your opinion on how the OEM could help you with this data?? I'm very curious to hear your responses.