• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What dealer software do you wish existed, but doesn't?

A texting platform made for car dealers. Mostly for online lead handling and text blasts w/o the need for opt in or any of the other cover my ass messages or opt out codes that go out from the CRM platforms I've seen.

I'd use it mostly to try and connect with customers who we haven't reached by phone or email. Would use it for appointments - reminders, maps, contact info and pic of the salesman etc... Would use it for videos or other links. Would use it to get photos of their trade if they're from out of town and want numbers before visiting.

We employ a number of young females in our BDC who don't want to use their own phone/don't want car shoppers knowing their cell numbers. As much as it drives me nuts after a few issues we've had I understand why.

A texting platform made for car dealers. Mostly for online lead handling and text blasts w/o the need for opt in or any of the other cover my ass messages or opt out codes that go out from the CRM platforms I've seen.

I'd use it mostly to try and connect with customers who we haven't reached by phone or email. Would use it for appointments - reminders, maps, contact info and pic of the salesman etc... Would use it for videos or other links. Would use it to get photos of their trade if they're from out of town and want numbers before visiting.

We employ a number of young females in our BDC who don't want to use their own phone/don't want car shoppers knowing their cell numbers. As much as it drives me nuts after a few issues we've had I understand why.

I watched 3 webinars on CASL when it came out and I swear all 3 had different messaging and 2 of the 3 had the "expert" saying things like, "Well, I'm not sure if that would be allowed or not, but you might want to..."

We won't see software that works in that area until they figure out exactly what you can/can't do, when that goes into effect without a grey area, etc. Would still be nice though, for all the reasons you mentioned and the fact that I personally would love dealers to offer me this service.