• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What Did You Pay for Your Dealer Websites?

I just wanted to show you some of the "best practice" components that are applied to VDPs. I should've blurred out the PCG image. It's actually from an article @ https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/false-positive-signals-e-price-buttons-brian-pasch?trk=prof-post. In fact, he's supporting your theory on too much is bad news. I'm in agreement with him and you, overkill hurts the user experience. There are too many platforms that do not test their VDPs well enough.

Oh okay, that makes more sense!

I'm looking to build out an inventory plugin that will allow me to have a main hub on my website that links with all of the inventories on my partner dealer pages. Right now, I have a bunch of partner dealer pages off of my URL and I want to create an inventory plugin both so I can increase conversions on those pages, but also so I can create leads from a main hub and do some advanced marketing to bring them more leads.

Will probably take inventory manually at the beginning but then may want to scrape my dealer partners sites, something like CarGurus does (just with permission lol)

Do you know if there are integrations, like with the dealerships DMS, that may make this process easier to fill in the inventory dynamically?

Will probably need to build the inventory plugin from scratch because I want it to interact correctly with my hub and I want it be easily testable with CRO software like VWO.

I ran a tech company before. Meeting with a few developers today but I am a little lost in terms of best strategies for doing this.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
Oh okay, that makes more sense!

I'm looking to build out an inventory plugin that will allow me to have a main hub on my website that links with all of the inventories on my partner dealer pages. Right now, I have a bunch of partner dealer pages off of my URL and I want to create an inventory plugin both so I can increase conversions on those pages, but also so I can create leads from a main hub and do some advanced marketing to bring them more leads.

Will probably take inventory manually at the beginning but then may want to scrape my dealer partners sites, something like CarGurus does (just with permission lol)

Do you know if there are integrations, like with the dealerships DMS, that may make this process easier to fill in the inventory dynamically?

Will probably need to build the inventory plugin from scratch because I want it to interact correctly with my hub and I want it be easily testable with CRO software like VWO.

I ran a tech company before. Meeting with a few developers today but I am a little lost in terms of best strategies for doing this.
Sounds smart and yes beware of scrapers, unless it's your own! ;-)

Do you have access to any 3rd party inventory feeds? Or, do you plan on just scraping? If you represent a dealer, you should be able to get a hold of their feed. You'll need permission, of course.

VWO is niiiiiiiiiiiiice BTW, my favorite of the lot.

Reactions: Ryan Hartigan