• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What in the Heck is Going On With my Dealer.com sites in Google SRP's?????

Rick Buffkin

Sausage King of Chicago
Oct 29, 2009
Awards
First Name
Rick
Guys,

Is anyone else having this issue with their websites when they do a "site:www.your-dealership-web-address.com" search on Google ???????? I have page titles that say my dealership is in all other parts of the freaking country with other dealerships names in the page titles that are showing up in the Google search results. What the heck is going on with this??? How long has it been going on? This is not good!

upload_2018-1-31_22-6-45.png
upload_2018-1-31_22-7-39.png
upload_2018-1-31_22-8-34.png

Chrylser dealership
upload_2018-1-31_22-9-42.png
upload_2018-1-31_22-10-46.png

• Useful
Reactions: joe.pistell
Craig, It's not just me. I started checking other DDC sites and found others with the same issue!
I'm sure this affects rankings to some degree. I wonder if it also affects our Quality Scores as well.

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-1_12-46-59.png
    upload_2018-2-1_12-46-59.png
    148 KB · Views: 5
Hi!

Please keep us updated! I don't know if this is good or bad news, but I ran a report for www.gobeamanford.com (screenshot attached), and your titles and descriptions are clean (meaning they all have the correct location - Dickson, TN).

Off to search my DDC sites now. Thanks for flagging!

Marie
I'll not spend the time to look on live indexes. Unless you took those from the indexes, Googlebot and Bingbot, etc. need to be able to re-index all of the updates.

For my customers and prospects, I found a mixed bag. Some dealers affected, others not. For the affected dealers, pointed them to DDC support. Hopefully they can get resolved ASAP. With systems serving a customer base this large, stuff happens. Not desirable, but it happens. The key is how quickly they can fix!

Reactions: craigh