• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What is the best looking setup/stage (floor, backdrop, lights) for taking pictures of vehicles in yo

EmcBoise, do you have any examples of cars you've shot with that set up?

The problem with turning off the lights and using strobes is that some folks don't have a dedicated photo studio for the vehicles, they share space with other functions of the building/dealership.

This. I only have a small area about 100x50 ft. No back drops, outside, against the sun and on not clean or well taken care of asphalt. It sucks.

This is the best I can manage. Timing is the best tool I have for my photography: 6:00pm-7:00pm or way early in the morning.

776794910a0d02b701b7bf86dee3fcc8.jpg

5dc5f7510a0a000201e33bb81e155c9d.jpg

5dc62e560a0a000201e33bb8cf6e51a0.jpg

What would you guys suggest for my photographers with their limited resources?

This. I only have a small area about 100x50 ft. No back drops, outside, against the sun and on not clean or well taken care of asphalt. It sucks.

This is the best I can manage. Timing is the best tool I have for my photography: 6:00pm-7:00pm or way early in the morning.

What would you guys suggest for my photographers with their limited resources?
Jake is this the absolute best looking location on the entire lot? What I'm saying is could the cars be moved up front to be photographed. Maybe in front of the dealership sign or a little grass. This looks like it might be out back next to the dumpsters (no offense meant at all).

Jake is this the absolute best looking location on the entire lot? What I'm saying is could the cars be moved up front to be photographed. Maybe in front of the dealership sign or a little grass. This looks like it might be out back next to the dumpsters (no offense meant at all).

No offense taken, i totally agree with you. It's sad to say this is the best place to take photos. The front of the dealership is so trafficked that its hard to make a "designated" spot for my photographers.

This is the front of the dealership:
3b31bf594046387200ec42e0f64338db1.jpg

Most of the time theres at LEAST 4-5 cars parked out front.

.Ya I agree, can you take the pictures somewhere else??The actual pictures arnt to bad but the background makes the picture look less attractive.

I dont have any pictures handy as I got a new mac but I can post some pictures of cars I have taken without an indoor studio that still look great.

The key to great photography doesnt matter how expensive of a camera you got or how expensive your lens is, its about location and how you can use the lighting.

-travis

98a958f9a4322fdf960d692350a2b0fcx.jpg

That is very impressive. Not a luxury every dealership has though. This picture above is the photobooth that we just installed about 6 months ago. Not as perfect as the Audi above but something I am proud of. It is still a work in process and we are playing with the lighting to make it better. It sure beats the outside shots though!