• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What security measures are you taking with breaches on the rise?

@Ryan Everson Are you saying my PII is 100% safe with a dealer and that same for their 3rd party vendors?
No, your PII is not 100% safe with anyone - and has likely already been compromised several times in the Yahoo, Equifax, Marriott, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Target hacks.

It's only going to get worse, especially with AI.

Hackers would think twice about their "career path" if we were to take a tougher stance against them. They are effectively terrorists that grind economies to a halt. Round up a few of the worst and put them in Guantanamo while awaiting trial. Word will spread that it's a risky endeavor and you'll see many choose to have a lucrative career on the other side as a cybersecurity expert instead.

Hackers would think twice about their "career path" if we were to take a tougher stance against them. They are effectively terrorists that grind economies to a halt. Round up a few of the worst and put them in Guantanamo while awaiting trial. Word will spread that it's a risky endeavor and you'll see many choose to have a lucrative career on the other side as a cybersecurity expert instead.

The fact that it hasn't been done yet, paired with how lax the FBI seems about going after these guys, makes me believe they're incredibly useful in other ways.

• :light:
Reactions: Tallcool1
There is a potential of small side industry here.
Provide auditing and best practices to dealers.

The WarGames generation got their scare already. Don't hack ... this is your brain on drugs ala Nancy ...
It's like I said about WP script kiddies. Lots of people do it like shop lifting.

Most large hits like this is done by people who are not US citizens. Let's blame the commies because it seems they are the primary groups.

But what are they really after? Just the bitcoin or your data so they can buy iphones using your credit cards?

There is a potential of small side industry here.
Provide auditing and best practices to dealers.

The WarGames generation got their scare already. Don't hack ... this is your brain on drugs ala Nancy ...
It's like I said about WP script kiddies. Lots of people do it like shop lifting.

Most large hits like this is done by people who are not US citizens. Let's blame the commies because it seems they are the primary groups.

But what are they really after? Just the bitcoin or your data so they can buy iphones using your credit cards?
That's what my security company does. They have an FTC compliance and security division.
The SOC has current and former 3 letter agency employees. Everyone is from the US.
They love what they do.

example about 2 months ago they found an exploit with UPS.
UPS let an old domain expire and someone bought it. I guess no one informed the marketing team. UPS sent emails with ads linking back to this website, this person used this to phish or install malware. I can't remember which. The Ads alerted them. They blocked the website and could have ended it there. But they spent 2-3 days contacting UPS cyber security and getting them to fix the problem. UPS was extremely grateful.

Reactions: Tallcool1