• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What were your most successful e-blasts? Looking for best ideas, companies, strategies, etc.

I was really also hoping to get some new ideas in this post! I'm surprised nobody has any feedback on this subject. We've ALL done an e-blast or two. Maybe the names of some companies worth checking out? Somebody doing something innovative? Going into the winter, we're all looking for that edge to keep our sales up. I thought maybe this thread could help with that. Jeez, come on Dealer Refreshers! You're letting me down.

Ok here's one that worked miracles and it was super simple. We sold 100 new cars at the end of January in the last 8 days a few years ago with something super simple....probably one of the best results I've received off of anything. It was a simple "We Guarantee to Beat ANY Competitors Advertised offer on ANY new Toyota in stock or we will write you a check for $1,000! As simple and dumb as it is, I shot that out to all of our Internet Leads, unsold floor traffic, phone ups, everything that I could. Then I had everyone on board endorsing the same thing with energy and enthusiasm. It worked & we hit our number. However, I do want to say that from a new car compliance stand point the word "BEAT" isn't appropriate but it got the job done. I also use different tracking numbers so I can know how effective what I'm sending out really are. It had some simple graphics that I made and was short & sweet but it did very well.

I'll leave you with the MAGIC KEY to email blasts. It's called relevance.

Relevance:
"the ability to deliver material that satisfies the needs of the user"

Uncle Joe Rule #262: Email success is shot from a sniper, not a B-52 bomber.

I agree and wish the term "email blast" would go away. At a conference earlier this year, Seth Godin spoke of this during his keynote. His quote was "Don't send me an email, send me a "Me-mail! Make it about me, not about you. If my name isn't in the subject line, I'm not opening it!"

One of our stores send out a couple of bulk distribution emails each month. Its no surprise to me when I look at their "email unsubscribe" report, it's off the charts high.