• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What will $10.00 a gallon do to our industry?

It will inspire truck and SUV owners to trade for more fuel-efficient cars. When gas broke $5 a gallon during the Obama years, we took Hummers on trade for those little Smart cars. I'm still baffled by the logic applied, but people lost their minds.

I can guarantee one thing: people will do stupid shit. Dealers, get ready for it... as much as possible amidst this inventory supply funkiness.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
It is already apparent to what is happening.

Just go walk around to the different dealerships and what do they all have in inventory right now?
Trucks.

At least at our dealerships, people have been trading in and up to electric vehicles. We are a California auto group so the fact that Gavin signed the ban on gas cars might have something to do with that.
About the law -> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/13/...roposed rule puts into,to 100 percent in 2035.

I’m just going to leave this here. And not say anything about how we increase power supply to fuel these EVs. Nor am I going to say anything about battery replacement costs to the owner and environment. I’m also not going to say a thing about how it is predicted we have 400 years of oil supply within US borders for current US demand with today’s drilling technology.

I’m certainly not going to play the “say it out loud” game to see if anything around this topic makes rational sense when heard :sssh: