ActivEngage What's your process for lead follow-up?

BrendanHirstAE

Hanging Paper
Aug 11, 2021
First Name
Brendan
Hey DealerRefresh fam!

Question for you! What does your lead follow-up process currently look like? For instance, if you get a lead from a messaging provider, do you read the transcript and use the information provided to your advantage?

From our experience, reading the transcript and responding with a more personalized message leads to higher sales. What are your thoughts on this?

What tried-and-true things do you do to prep for and nurture a lead? What do you believe factors into your success rate? What are some things you wish you could do with the proper resources? We would love to hear from you/start discussions!

Happy Friday, all!

-The AE Team

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Hey DealerRefresh fam!

Question for you! What does your lead follow-up process currently look like? For instance, if you get a lead from a messaging provider, do you read the transcript and use the information provided to your advantage?

That's a lot of loaded questions and some in the industry have written books about.

I train our sales people to ALWAYS read the comments and transcript. Why would anyone NOT read such vital information in order to respond most effectively??

@Steve Stauning was on RefreshFriday last week and shared some great worktracks that could be incorporated into your email responses - AND TEXT.

We try to send an initial text response every lead, resulting in an average 30-40% response rate. Room to improve. We also use autoipacket in our responses and generic follow-up.

Reactions: BrendanHirstAE
@Alex Snyder We can look into supplying guns to our dealer partners! (Just kidding!!)

@Jeff Kershner

I'm hearing that! It seems simple but we were wondering how common, or uncommon, it is to not really study the lead deets before engaging. It's basically a silver platter to really start a great relationship with the customer!

I'd also be interested to know about any long-term, post-sale nurturing to hopefully keep them on track for services or referrals, future purchases, etc.!

• Hilarious
Reactions: Alex Snyder
I'd also be interested to know about any long-term, post-sale nurturing to hopefully keep them on track for services or referrals, future purchases, etc.!

Most of the manufactures offer a solid service for post sale communications - by email, text, mobile app and now several of your luxury brands offer communications and alerts via the vehicles OS through the media player . Mercedes-Benz has a solid out-of-the-box service for post sale comms through all 4 channels of communication. Post sale communications for service reminders, recalls, parts & accessories, finance and ext. warranty, lease/finance end. Communications outside of that, (birthday, anniversary, referrals) I believe should be coming from the sales rep and/or management.

So as I get more engaged in CRM discussions, I hear (mostly from dealers) about how great the Mobile Apps are for CRM. My salespeople are walking around on their cell phones all day long using the CRM (ya right, my guys are working on their Fantasy lineup for the weekend).

So, how can they read the details of a transcript from a mobile app, and how can they make any notes on the Contact record when they are talking to a customer from the same device they would have to use as a keyboard?

I know this has little to do with this thread, but it make me think.

Reactions: BrendanHirstAE