• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Which dealer website provider?

Jason, please don't take offense if I come off as blunt.

We do not have any incentive other than hoping a fair market price will generate a little action.
You are on the right track but your customer doesn't know what the market is for the car. Show them the "market value", "retail value" or whatever. Then have your "Special Internet Price". Have a call to action in your description. "At this price, this one won't last long" "Call now" or "We can't keep these in stock" "Call now to check availability".

On your new. Have your MSRP, then your Paul Barnett price (with the rebate out of it). You can show a Paul Barnett Discount also, if you chose. This is what I mean by perceived value.

Somebody has access to the backend tool to that website. There has to be somebody to call. I hate how you get a menu when you click on new or used inventory. It should bring you to the cars and not a menu.

ddavis,

That was not offensive or blunt at all. That is the kind of advice I need, as long as one is kind with their words. The person who built our site is the same guy who takes photos of the inventory for everyone in our area. It is not even a "company" so to speak. He does not have time do work on our site. I asked him to put a Facebook link on our site a month ago and it still is not done.

craigh,

I totally agree with you assertion about inventory. Where can I find some information about taking proper photos? The guy who does our photos and inventory is not very good.

A lot of things need to change and I have a lot to learn. But I know I can do it.

This is the first weekend I have taken off in 7 months. I am about to get on the boat and do some Offshore Fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. I am not even going to think about selling cars. Talk to ya'll later.

I totally agree with you assertion about inventory. Where can I find some information about taking proper photos? The guy who does our photos and inventory is not very good.

A lot of things need to change and I have a lot to learn. But I know I can do it.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend off - I managed to get away from the computer for almost a whole day this weekend!

I'm not an expert on taking photos, but there are some guys on here that definitely are.
Some stores I have worked with take great photos, some use third party services that take great photos and some use third party services that take terrible photos. I think the best thing to do is get a camera recommendation, since this will make a world of difference.

I will leave two links, simply for the sake of examples.

Richmond Hill Hyundai - Used 2010 Ford F-150 For Sale in Toronto - Last I counted, this vehicle had 87 photos. They're great photos though - I would feel confident taking the next step on a car where I've seen every angle and the photographer even included a photo of the emblem that is not in good condition, so it builds trust that the photos aren't hiding anything. Practical? Probably not.

Oakridge Ford - New 2013 Ford Fiesta For Sale in London - I really like the way these guys frame their photos. They have the first photo of every vehicle in the same location - gives the New Inventory page a really neat feeling. Then they take one inside in their branded bay, then they take well lit photos of all key sides of the car without going overboard.

I also really like what Lenz Truck Center in the US does with their videos - they do a walkaround showing all angles of the vehicle, the paint, etc. Something else to consider. My big thing is that the internet has allowed sales to originate from much further distances than before. A store that takes great photos of a well detailed vehicle will get long-distance responses that have serious levels of interest and it tends to weed out questions like, "Does this car have leather?" and "Any scratches or dents?".