• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Who's sending your marketing email campaigns (blasts?)

Our goal was not to say we have 're-invented the wheel of email marketing' - but simply to describe the success we have seen in dealers using 3rd party over a CRM - and the advantages it presents when doing so - the campaigns are simply better. Also, to shed light on how we get there..

Sorry if it came off that we were doing something that no-one has ever seen before - the main advantage we offer is working hand in hand with dealerships to work with the tools at hand, teach them using our experiences, and give them an opportunity to learn what works best for their dealership, so they can see long term success. We work with a many number of dealers, who have a variety of approaches when sending out their e-blasts, so an individual/custom approached effort is always 100% necessary. One solution / platform certainly does not fix all and there is no elevator to the success everyone desires.

The platforms are just a tool (which we provide) used to send out the message and all can have various tracking metrics and features - and any tool can be mis-used or mis-handled. But with the right tool, the right partners, and the right knowledge- success will come with experience. You know... the whole teach a man to fish theory...

However, I will say different platforms allow complete customization of emails, content, offers and tracking to boost user engagement for each campaign - so we find our favorite/s that enable us to best work with our dealers and help us all succeed, reach our targets, and get more sales.
So, you resell / license dealers a white labeled E-mail package? Are you creating the E-mails (templates) for them or do they?

Last edited:
So you're admitting you resell / license dealers a white labeled E-mail package? LOL... are you creating the E-mails (templates) for them or do they?

For starters, we don't sell or re-sell any e-mail packages to our clients. We also recommend NOT spamming out to giant lists from the CRM-for reasons that I am sure 99% of members here understand. We include the service to all of our clients if they would like it.

A dealer is better off using a 3rd party email marketing service - which SPECIALIZES in email marketing. IF that is all they focus on, I am sure most of them are great at it.

But Alex, I think you may be confused about the details of how we operate. Again, keep in mind that we believe no-one will do it better than the 3rd parties who dedicate their full efforts to this- however we can enhance that experience, given we are the site provider, are 100% auto, and we can integrate in the 3rd party various ways. So, if a dealer already uses a 3rd party they like - they can keep using it and we integrate it into our platform for them - at no charge. If they don't have a 3rd party email service they like to use - we recommend one - and we integrate it into our platform for them - at no charge. And yes, we can build them custom emails or a template(as long as they are not awful) email, whichever they prefer - at no charge other than labor for custom design.

Going deeper, the dealer can send the emails sent thru our dashboard with the 'tool/3rd party', and direct users to a landing page we built within the site where they have full transparency and accountability of the traffic. This is where we bring the value. We can report the entire click and pathway the user walks thru; all the way to conversions. From that point - dealers can simply check the dashboard or even the back-end of the site to get pretty much any metric they would like to see at any time they would like to see it. With all of this specific data - it actually makes it difficult to NOT see what is and what is not working- which will lead to a solution that works as all of the data doesn't lie and keeps everyone accountable. As many have expressed in this thread, all of this is a crapshoot if your content and targeting is weak.

Going deeper, the dealer can send the emails sent thru our dashboard with the 'tool/3rd party', and direct users to a landing page we built within the site where they have full transparency and accountability of the traffic. This is where we bring the value. We can report the entire click and pathway the user walks thru; all the way to conversions.

Staying neutral here, but I do want to state this is where we get this thread back on track. Here's a good reason why a website provider might be a a good solution for email marketing.

Staying neutral here, but I do want to state this is where we get this thread back on track. Here's a good reason why a website provider might be a a good solution for email marketing.
Surely, and it can happen *see Dealer Inspire + Launch, etc.

I don't believe it's a terrible thing if a group does white label a 3rd party tool, too difficult to create from scratch (especially if isn't your core tech) anyway. I wasn't implying that it's impossible to do effectively. As long as you're upfront about it, most dealers aren't really going to care or some understand. IOW, as long as it helps them sell cars, who cares? On that topic, your system / strategy needs some form of sales attribution mechanism. Does it sell cars?

@CameronDV I probably shouldn't have used the word "LOL."

Last edited: