• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

"Why are third parties running Google VLA ads on MY vehicles? Shut it down!"

Someone find holes in my PMAX logic.

Table below is vAuto's "Listing Logic". It displays AutoTrader traffic on your VINs. Their intent is to sell us Spotlights, I flipped it to find VINs that need 'outside help' (i.e. PMAX)
1725807843121.png

Avg SRP p/day reflects product class demand
Avg VDP p/day reflects VIN interest.
It's a Chevy store, The list looks for off-brand, low volume VINs

PMAX item for thought. I had the pleasure of getting a meeting (thanks to my friend Paul at Google) with the PMAX product manager at Google early summer (this was the meeting you missed @Ryan Everson) along with some of my NCM 20Group associates and they pointed out some items, one of which I raised an issue with. We did have to sign an NDA but I'm pretty sure this won't jeopardize that. They said the European market PMAX ads were payment based and US was priced based because "Europeans shop by payment and US shops by price". I was kinda dumbfounded that they hadn't considered offering payment ads for PMAX in the US because of this singular thought they held to be true. I asked them to go to a couple big group sites that have payments all over the place, on SRP, VDP, etc and the product manager was kinda like, "oh crap". Hopefully we see a roll out of payment ads in PMAX soon. He didn't say they would but he was sure taking notes. Jose Lazo with South Dade, Steve Koch with Cooper, JP Hastings with Hoselton, Keane Storey with Chapman, and Freeman Peterman with Jim Keras were all there and backed me up telling PMAX we wanted it. We shall see...

Reactions: Ryan Everson