• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Why Yelp should Seriously Eat S*^&% and Die

Yelp will only be shut down when enough business owners including Dealers file mass complaints with the FTC and launch an intensive investigation exposing all their underhanded, anti-competitive, and monopolistic business practices that are borderline criminal extortion. I routinely take calls from their sales reps to go thru their pitch just to be able to tell them to jck off @ the end of the call...;)
I had Yelp try their b.s. on me once. I made it simple and told them to have fun and go for it (when mentioning bad reviews, etc.). The fact that the courts found it to be legal that they remove positive reviews is garbage, but overall Yelp was not, and is not, important enough to be a detriment to larger businesses, especially ones that can generate hundreds, or even thousands, of standout reviews from many other sources. Would I like to see good reviews in any forum? Absolutely, but Yelp isn't important enough for me to consider making big changes.