• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Will consoles kill the pc gaming community?

Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Brian
Will video game consoles kill the PC gaming community? I have been a console addict since the days of Atari and I still remember the day I finally beat Legend Of Zelda on my NES - I also have/had an addiction for pc games...nothing like the feel of the mouse and keyboard for first person shooters. I played Farcry back in the day on my PC till my eyes bled but I have to admit the crazy prices of video cards and the constant need for upgrades and download of patches have frustrated me to no end with PC gaming. This Christmas I decided to purchase a Blueray player for my wife that happened to be a PS3 :) and I have to admit gaming on the plasma screen in the comfort of my recliner has its advantages. Not sure if I will ever pursue PC games in the future. Consoles have came so far and when you consider that a PS3 runs less then a high end video card how could you go wrong? By the way if you do play COD4 on the PS3 send me a friend invite - just look for me by my screen name: carsisell < even when I game I think about the car biz ;)

I agree that the constant need for upgrading your PC and patching games is frustrating. I still feel there is a place for the PC/Mac in gaming though, primarily for Real Time Strategy games and MMORPG's . Until the consoles can even come close to the gameplay of a World of Warcraft, there will still be a large base of PC gamers. I will be very curious to see how the upcoming DC Superheroe's Online game for the PS3 plays.

With that being said, I haven't fired up my PC/Mac to play a game in a long time. Anyone for Tiger Woods 09 on PS3?

Good golly, I used to be addicted to Medal of Honor and Call of Duty when it originally came out on PC. My computer keyboard had many of the letters worn off by excessive use, lol. I like the consoles, but have not mastered using their controllers since I am so used to the keyboards... I am curious if we will have a future epidemic of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome when all of these young gamers start getting older...

I still enjoy playing a RTS on the computer - love the MBSU (massive blow shit up) games and the build the world kind of games. Consoles haven't done a great job of this yet. Halo Wars is probably the closest one to getting near it.

But for all else, give me my XBOX! I've been losing sleep over Resident Evil lately.

I'm still trying to beat Atari Pitfall. When does it end?

Seriously though, I've always been a fan of game consoles but fell out of the loop until I bought my son a Wii. It's all been down hill since then.

pitfall_1.png

:rocks:

How Canadian for me to pipe in that NHL 09 is the most unreal game I've ever seen. I love the PS3 ( I too used the blueRay excuse) I'm not much of a gamer, RockBand and NHL 09 are all I need... as I'm too involved with the car biz for the real deals anymore.

How Canadian for me to pipe in that NHL 09 is the most unreal game I've ever seen. I love the PS3 ( I too used the blueRay excuse) I'm not much of a gamer, RockBand and NHL 09 are all I need... as I'm too involved with the car biz for the real deals anymore.

Bluray is AWESOME if you have a HDTV bigger than about 40 inches. Makes a huge difference.