• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Wow - new photo filter PERFECT for cars

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
I'm heavily thinking about buying this filter for my Fuji X100VI and letting it live on that camera. My purposes are very different, but this thing would ROCK vehicle photography.

It is called the Everyday Filter by PolarPro in collaboration with one of modern photography's biggest badasses: ShortStache Shortstache™

ShortStache has done some amazing work for Hyundai and Lincoln and I'll bet he used this filter on some of those shoots.

https://www.polarpro.com/products/shortstache-filter/ <---if you want to buy it. Get in line, though. We photographers are eating it as fast as they can make it.

What is it?

It is a circular polarizer combined with a mist filter.

Circular polarizers remove glare from surfaces, enhance color, and remove reflections on glass or water. 98% of the time, a polarizer was used when you see an amazing car photo.

Mist filters enhance highlights. They make lights and neon signs look amazing by extending the glow. They also have a pleasing effect by subtly smoothing skin.

Cool for cars

It doesn't matter if you are shooting outdoors or in a photo booth; the benefits of a polarizer + mist filter will add a special little pop to your images.