• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Yo Canada - how is eBlock.ca?

As far as I know, there are a few options in the market that are sharing the market, but eBlock is trending up. With that said, I haven’t personally met a dealer using it but I’ve seen names like Pfaff on the site run lists.

TradeRev hit the market with a huge splash and really changed how dealers wholesale cars back and forth. Then we have PowerBand that emails dealers with time sensitive deals. AutoTrader.ca saw this and launched their own competitor built into their product offering. As I understand it, eBlock came after that and I think the Trader solution all but died off.

PowerBand and TradeRev both appear quite active, but I think eBlock is the only one that has scheduled auctions with a very short buy period.

From what I understand:
- you must be a dealer / licensed sales person
- you have 2 days to pay for the vehicle (once it’s available) and 4 days to pick it up
- all listing accountability is on the seller, not eBlock
- you have 2 days after purchase to dispute
- any arbitration inspection/transportation expenses are charged to whoever “loses” arbitration

They also have Carmigo and eDealer in the same family.

Last edited: