• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How are your phone skills?

Just wanted to give Jerry some props on his recent 2 day visit to the Preston Auto Group!! The in store training had everyone engaged and excited, from our cradle to grave internet sales reps to our seasoned floor reps!! The part that I am most excited about is the follow up in the form of coached phone ups. This will help us track and assess our sales reps and manager's effectiveness in implementing and following of the Phone Up Ninja process!

We are relatively successful now, but I after the first few coached calls I realized we have a TON of room for improvement on phone ups!! Let alone the more in depth referral, service mining, and prospecting processes Jerry presented our sales reps to encourage them to stop waiting for the Up Bus!

The thing a lot of our team seemed to appreciate is that Jerry kept it real, but challenged our sales people at the same time! There was no promises of making $100K+/year through some exciting revolutionary process. Instead, Jerry challenged our people, telling them that the only person preventing them from selling a car a day is themselves and I would agree that through following the phone scripts, thorough follow up, and making sales your own business through referrals, service mining, and prospecting that selling a car a day is possible!

I'd highly recommend Jerry's training to anyone!!! ....who's not from eastern OH or western PA!! :)

I'd highly recommend Jerry's training to anyone!!! ....who's not from eastern OH or western PA!! :)

Thanks Bobby! Enjoyed the two days I spent training your salespeople and managers. You've got a great team there! I have high expectations from your team as we move forward with the coaching. I have a feeling we'll be giving a away a lot of cookies.

Here is our last coached call with Carey. Now I have purposely waited a month to coach another one in order to see if Carey would continue improving. And you'll notice that's not the case. Training is not something that should happen every now and then, it's something that should happen on a daily basis. You keep training until you can't get it wrong and then you keep training for maintenance. While Carey gets an "around about" appointment, you'll notice her technique has really slipped.

So hopefully this will be her wake-up call to always continue perfecting her craft.

Click here to listen to the call.

I'll be looking for another volunteer to continue this thread, any takers?

Hey Jerry,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you so much for helping me. I know that call wasn’t the best, I agree with you. (Btw, they did come and they did buy. They were really sweet.)

I find that when we get really swamped and backed up that I do slack a little. I have to remember to always be the same no matter what.

I know this was my final call but shortly after I took an AT call…..I think it may be close to a cookie winner lol but I’m not going to bet the paycheck on it.

Thanks again sooo much. I really appreciated your offering to help me because you gave me the confidence I needed even for my interview beings I never came from the car business. I appreciate that still and I’ll never forget you for that. I think Ricky should use your services with EVERYONE in the dealership, definitely including the sales people. So I hope that he talks to you about it J

Thanks again Jerry!

Carey - congrats on the appointment and sale. Like I said before, it's awesome that you allow Jerry to post your recorded calls for everyone to listen and learn from. Thank you!

It's not always easy getting into phone mode when you are in the middle of several other things and answering the phone becomes impulse. IF you are in the position to answer the phone - take a deep breath and get yourself in phone mode before picking up. I personally like to stand up when I'm on the phone.

Thanks for posting and keep this tremendously educational thread alive and moving forward.

Any takers for some Ninja Phone Skills?