• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

QR Codes - In or Out?

Why is it useful? People gonna stop and take a picture? Walk up to the sign? Zoom-in from the car?

WHY is this a good idea?

LOL, sometimes is fun to see the nagatives just come running at ya!

It is a billboard that the dealer added to a park that they sponsored. The content that they can add is limited both by the fact it is a board and by city regulations. The QR allows the dealer to link that board to an URL where they can change the content at any time. I would have chosen to do something like "To see FOK commitment to the comminity scan this". Point is: Board cost the same with the QR than without, something you guys failed to see. So the questions again is: Then, why not?

It is a billboard that the dealer added to a park that they sponsored. The content that they can add is limited both by the fact it is a board and by city regulations. The QR allows the dealer to link that board to an URL where they can change the content at any time. I would have chosen to do something like "To see FOK commitment to the comminity scan this". Point is: Board cost the same with the QR than without, something you guys failed to see. So the questions again is: Then, why not?

These are not "negatives," Yago, they are questions, inquiries. You mad a blanket statement that this QR is "useful" without explaining WHY it is useful. And you still have not explained why it is useful.

Last I checked, you can change the content of any website any time you want. So if the onus of the board is to drive traffic to a specialty site, then wouldn't a vanity URL be more effective?

I, for one, have failed to see nothing: the ONLY reason the QR exists is because it is FREE.

I remember responding to a thread over the Summer about whether mobile sites should be free or not. My answer was that if anything provides some level of value, then by definition it should not be "free."

QR codes are priced appropriately.

These are not "negatives," Yago, they are questions, inquiries. You made a blanket statement that this QR is "useful" without explaining WHY it is useful. And you still have not explained why it is useful.

Last I checked, you can change the content of any website any time you want. So if the onus of the board is to drive traffic to a specialty site, then wouldn't a vanity URL be more effective?

I, for one, have failed to see nothing: the ONLY reason the QR exists is because it is FREE.

I remember responding to a thread over the Summer about whether mobile sites should be free or not. My answer was that if anything provides some level of value, then by definition it should not be "free."

QR codes are priced appropriately.

QR is a FAIL until they make it BRAINLESS.

Want proof?
ani-1200.gif

QR's potential is capped by the time (& knowledge) required to deploy it.

Rules for all things technical.
We're all too damn busy. If there is ANY obstacle to use, then the object is doomed to failure UNLESS the benefit of the tool is so overwhelming that the user wishes to invest the time needed to use the tool.

Case in point:
Best Buy in store QR = WIN
Prescription QR = WIN
Park Bench QR = FAIL

Reactions: 1 person