• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Concerned with Rey Rey CRM

tima

Full Sticker + Prep
Jun 29, 2010
First Name
Tim
We now use R&R Contact Management for both showroom control as well as our Internet Department. We know that using CM is far from ideal for internet department use, however, we are locked into our CM contract for another two years. The consulting firm that we employ for our internet department feels strongly that we need an ILM tool. As Internet Director, I also would like an ILM but I am very concerned about usihg two solutiohs that do not communicate. I am hoping to get some advice and/or thoughts from my fellow forum members. Thanks in advance.

Well I'm super new to the biz and I don't know what most of those 3 letter initials you used mean lol but we use CM for our internet department and for our sales staff (well I should say the sales staff occassionally uses it when they remember to put it in there instead of writing it on a piece of paper.)

Anyway, both myself and my internet partner here can't stand CM...we think it's very antiquated...but what can you do? We're in a contract with them as well......

I hope someone can answer your questions tho.

Alex,

I liked your article and I already ready the article about internet vs floor sales staff.... And that is what I'm running up against.....

The floor sales folks are not digging the whole "let's use the CRM more" (most of them keep paper notes???) The GM finally told them "if it's not in CM it didn't happen" So they are at least putting notes in there...

But it's really like pulling teeth working with them...it's like they feel we are their "competition." But we're not.

It's quite frustrating. We have to track all of our numbers, of course, because we can't count on them to put the appropriate info into CM but then when we approach them and ask them about let's say "john smith" their response is defensive and it's always "he wasn't an internet lead!"

Any tips on dealing with these sales guys who think we're their competition? I can't tell you how many times myself and my counter-part has tried to let them know that we are on the same team! And that an internet appointment takes ZERO dollars out of their pockets!

I think our toughest nut to crack is kinda of getting it this month tho....I think 80 to 90% of his sales came from us this month and he came up to us and said "you know, this internet stuff is really working good." lol Go figure!

Thanks!

Carey - are you changing a salesperson's commission on Internet deals or splitting the commission with them? You should ask them directly. There was a time when I thought one of our stores was not changing salesperson commissions based on the source of the customer when they were. The GM didn't tell me because he knew I'd protest it.

Is there anything different a salesperson has to do for an Internet appointment?

Carey,

Crusty Ol' sales Reps often lack imagination. They have been fighting turf wars so long that any new face in the sales process is a threat. To them, their store is a pie and the more they fight, the bigger their slice.

business-sales-team-profit-pie-chart-thumb7367881.jpg

Carey,

Crusty Ol' sales Reps often lack imagination. They have been fighting turf wars so long that any new face in the sales process is a threat. To them, their store is a pie and the more they fight, the bigger their slice.

business-sales-team-profit-pie-chart-thumb7367881.jpg
But if they can just work together as a team and focus on making the whole pie bigger, they'll all get a bigger slice.

But if they can just work together as a team and focus on making the whole pie bigger, they'll all get a bigger slice.

hahaha... thats a good one Jerry!

Oh? That's not a joke? Sorry, this problem can't be trained away. You have to goto the top to fix it.

THE PAY PLAN CREATES AND REWARDS BEHAVIOR (good and bad). You can't pay the rent with team spirit. Its simple, if the CEO's goal is team spirit, then the mission has to come from the top down and the pay plan needs to reward it, otherwise, it's all just lip service.

Last edited: