• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Bing vs. Google

I really don't like Bing. Maybe subconsciously I'm afraid of change, or it is just ridiculous. I think Microsoft should've saved their $100 million dollars and had a really awesome party. What don't I like about Bing? It's not Google. Google has my heart and my soul.

I really don't like Bing. Maybe subconsciously I'm afraid of change, or it is just ridiculous. I think Microsoft should've saved their $100 million dollars and had a really awesome party. What don't I like about Bing? It's not Google. Google has my heart and my soul.

For me, I link Google better because I rank better on Google :D. I think most of Bing's 100 million went to brand recognition.

Survey might be a little skewed on true Bing use from this crowd, so many of us are cemented into Google because of all the extras... PPC, Analytics, Reader, Docs and on it goes. That's not to say its just simpler and easier... I'll stick with the company who spends millions to increase search speed by just nano seconds and not the humdrum of a "search engine 2.0"... I'm for functionality!

Google simply brings more relevant results. Microsoft has yet to perfect their algorithm, and is years behind Google's. I do like the layout, the features and the video results on bing however.

My thoughts exactly. Google personally gives better results. That being said, Bing apparently is a really good brand name because less tech savvy people around my office enjoy talking about it.

Last edited:
TRU-

Thanks for the link! interesting article. Some of the comments along the side were even better! I agree Google is the better search, but the stats don't lie people are starting to use it. Read this quote: MSFT $25/share and rising? :dunno:

Scott - AdRocket (@milener) - September 22nd, 2009 at 11:04 am CDT

“destory Google” is absurd goal, it should be to win a large portion of the market who responds to a different experience. To win over up and coming internet users who may not have a Google affinity yet with a cooler search service.