• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealertrack agrees to buy Dealer.com? YES

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff

Dealertrack Technologies Announces Agreement to Acquire Dealer.com

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y. & BURLINGTON, Vt.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Dealertrack Technologies (Nasdaq:TRAK) and Dealer.com today announced a definitive agreement for Dealertrack to acquire Dealer.com, a leading provider of marketing and operations software and services for the automotive industry. Through the combination, the companies expect to realize their shared vision to transform automotive retail by delivering the most advanced solutions for dealers, OEMs, lenders and car shoppers.

Under the terms of the agreement, Dealertrack will acquire all the equity of Dealer.com for approximately 8.7 million shares of Dealertrack's common stock and$620 million in cash, subject to customary post-closing adjustments. Dealertrack expects to finance the cash portion of the purchase price through cash on hand and with fully committed debt financing. The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2014, subject to regulatory approval, and the transaction is expected to be accretive to Dealertrack's standalone multi-year organic growth profile to Dealertrack's diluted adjusted net income per share... here is the rest

WOW - This is big new and a HUGE PLAY.

What do you think??

Reactions: 3 people
I hope DealerTrack lets Dealer.com take the lead in the designing the full work flow of the products. Simple interfaces, innovative products and clean design. NOT something DealerTrack has at this point... We use both companies - DMS, Websites, CRM, etc., so I'm excited to see the integration and efficiencies that follows.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm most excited to see how this plays out on the Northern side of that border.
AutoTrader.ca resells Dealer.com websites in Canada and there's some interesting history if you know who owns all the companies involved..

Something to consider - it seems as if when one large acquisition happens, others are soon to follow. 2014 could prove out to be another year of large buyouts and within the industry...

I was just thinking the same thing..... Reynolds is on a buying spree and needs a complete CRM solution to go along with all the digital marketing companies they have acquired recently.