• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

TrueCar now masking customer email addresses

jakewirth

Full Sticker
Jan 18, 2011
First Name
Jake
I noticed a little over a week ago TrueCar starting masking customer email addresses. According to our Rep every lead moving forward with be masked with a "@carbuyingemail.com" email address.

How does the community feel about this new policy?

It is kind of ironic......what we pay CarGurus to NOT do we get charged by TrueCar TO do.

I am not a franchise dealer, and I follow that many dealers do great with TrueCar. From the outside looking in, this company seems like an absolute nightmare.

You could teach a semester long college class based upon the history of this company. It would be called "How Not To Run Your Business".

It is kind of ironic......what we pay CarGurus to NOT do we get charged by TrueCar TO do.

I am not a franchise dealer, and I follow that many dealers do great with TrueCar. From the outside looking in, this company seems like an absolute nightmare.

You could teach a semester long college class based upon the history of this company. It would be called "How Not To Run Your Business".
Did the rep indicate that this was being done fro Spamming purposed?

@Tallcool1

I agree but they are doing it. Their job is to:

get-you-a-lead===>sell-a-car===>get-paid

If you were in their shoes you would do the same, you must push your name out there so next time you generate a lead again and get paid for it again.

I'm not saying I agree with the model, but marketing/advertising takes money and time, buying leads is crack.