• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Top 30 vehicles with shortest days on market

Troy C

Full Sticker + Prep
May 10, 2016
Awards
First Name
Troy
Are there any companies that provide a complete market report that ranks all vehicles by make and model with the shortest days on market to most days on market with the last posted price before that vehicle went offline and sold?

Are there any companies that provide a complete market report that ranks all vehicles by make and model with the shortest days on market to most days on market with the last posted price before that vehicle went offline and sold?

Hey Troy welcome to DR. I'm not familiar with anything like that but if there's something out there I'm sure some of our members might know. vAuto comes to mind but not sure if they have all the data you're looking for. @Ed Brooks , @Ryan Leslie , @JoePistell , @Alexander Lau ??

@Ryan. I have a friend that uses Vauto in Utah I asked. He didn't know of a way to run a report in his Vauto showing a Market view of all vehicles with shortest to longest days on market or last posted price. Maybe some one else would know?

@Alexander. I checked those links you sent and not seeing any reports like that offered just that you can buy data from them?

Our current software with Inventory+(DealerSocket) provides "TrueTarget" which vehicles are preforming well when doing trade/purchase evaluations. It gives short hand answers on what to "Buy" or units that are labeled as "Poor Performers" It also shows all the same make/models within 250 miles and their comparable price and how long they have been listed and any price drops. Very good feature.

I prefer the second feature more since we don't dictate what is going to be popular and not. The market does that. After all, when gas was 3.00 a gallon everyone wanted Hybrids. Now there is a large amount of Hybrids sitting on the lots waiting for their next owner.

Last edited:
Our current software with Inventory+(DealerSocket) provides "TrueTarget" which vehicles are preforming well when doing trade/purchase evaluations. It also shows all the same make/models within 250 miles and their comparable price and how long they have been listed and any price drops. Very good feature.

Thanks for the response Rob. Does True Target have any reports that show an overview of the whole vehicle market ranking by make and model with shortest days to longest days and last posted price or just statistics on your current inventory and vehicles you look at to purchase?

Wow, what a question dude.

Maybe...
http://www.dataium.com/automotive/
https://www.ihs.com/industry/automotive.html

or are you looking for your own internal data, based upon performance?

I am just looking for a report/overview of the vehicle market. Which vehicles have the shortest days on market to the highest and last posted price. A report that shows me how the market is doing over all in the US and my region, Not just analytics on Inventory I may have or trying to buy. I saw a Carstory thread on DR and their report/vehicle ranking is similar to what I am looking for but they only have online search volume by make and model no days on market rankings.

Thanks for the response Rob. Does True Target have any reports that show an overview of the whole vehicle market ranking by make and model with shortest days to longest days and last posted price or just statistics on your current inventory and vehicles you look at to purchase?

Troy,

No, it only shows on what current vehicles you have on your lot or what vehicles you are appraising. However they are clearly getting this data from somewhere? Maybe someone at DealerSocket and tell you were they are populating their data for "TrueTarget"?

@Ryan. I have a friend that uses Vauto in Utah I asked. He didn't know of a way to run a report in his Vauto showing a Market view of all vehicles with shortest to longest days on market or last posted price. Maybe some one else would know?

@Alexander. I checked those links you sent and not seeing any reports like that offered just that you can buy data from them?
I'd ask them, they might not be transparent just with their website marketing spiel.

I am just looking for a report/overview of the vehicle market. Which vehicles have the shortest days on market to the highest and last posted price. A report that shows me how the market is doing over all in the US and my region, Not just analytics on Inventory I may have or trying to buy. I saw a Carstory thread on DR and their report/vehicle ranking is similar to what I am looking for but they only have online search volume by make and model no days on market rankings.

I see, so IHS and / or Dataium might actually have this info. Contact them and ask. :)