• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Automotive Digital Retailing - Who offers a full solution for dealerships?

:idisagree: Vaporware is not beta-ware. Vaporware is any product that is not ready for sale, but, is being advertised as ready to purchase.

If they have 500+ dealers sign up and use the software than it's not Vaporware.
I've seen 5000+ people buy software in beta that never existed and ended up being Vaporware.

I'll rephrase:

I, Craig, personally have an opinion in which I consider every beta vaporware until it's in the market, primarily due to the fact that I've been in countless betas that never work out.

Fair enough. They've had 500+ dealers sign up since it's announcement and will be live according to them 6/30. To be fair, the beta was with a pretty large dealer group that everyone would recognize but I've been asked not to disclose at this time.

This is much more reassuring and exciting.
I'm curious to see how it turns out - I can't wait for more options to enter the market so it becomes as normal as AdWords and inventory photos.

OK, based on this definition and as of NADA, ShowroomExpress was/is vaporware. I was called almost daily (as we are a dealer) by one of their sales rep to sign up for the product and was promised all kinds of results but it was not live on one single dealer. This to me is what you call hype and vaporware. What they showed at the booth was not a functioning product but a mocked up demo of things to come, although they said it was ready. They never mentioned in any of their marketing or phone calls that it was beta.

Competition is good for the industry but let's not misrepresent something to dealers. That is a disservice. We piloted/beta tested DriveItNow for a couple of years before going to market. We wanted to be sure that what we were promoting was fact.

:idisagree: Vaporware is not beta-ware. Vaporware is any product that is not ready for sale, but, is being advertised as ready to purchase.

I work at a dealership were we sell mostly off of our allocation. Majority of the sales are orders. We have about 200 or so in inventory but they are mostly sold. The inventory is all discounted with our best price sold or in-stock. My question is do any of these vendors have a pricing tool that will price on orders and allow the consumer to calculate payments just like it was in inventory?
Thanks!