• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer.com is driving me nuts, what is the best alternative?

As a former GM and Dealer Marketing guy, I'm blown away by this. This is a level of customer care that I never saw in my 10+ years as the decision maker. Color me quite impressed.
Yes, how many other automotive web platform CEOs / Founders are going to jump on this board and ask you to connect? Yeah... none of them. @joechura

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason
Not taking anything from Chura who is an amazing CEO but unless specifically asked by the dealer/s in the forum, requesting or offering business is discouraged in this forum.
I disagree. I mentioned his company as being a credible resource (along with Autofusion). DI / Joe probably deploys a name-mentioning mechanism / real-time media monitoring software. All he did was ping @Rick Buffkin after the fact. Rick is a big boy, he can make his own decisions. It's not that he is unaware of DI.

:iagree: @joechura came in after his company was mentioned. That's not an outright solicitation. DealerRefresh has always encouraged representatives of organizations to respond to their clients and/or prospects. What is frowned upon is a vendor plugging his or her organization without the community's prior engagement.

@Alex Snyder @Alexander Lau @Adam Schaefer @craigh lets look at my post that everyone disagrees for a second:

@Alexander Lau writes (which I quoted in my original post):

"Yes, how many other automotive web platform CEOs / Founders are going to jump on this board and ask you to connect? Yeah... none of them."

I took this as Alex calling out other website provider owners (other than J. Chura as his opinion/contact was requested in the forum) for not posting their info and/or reaching to the dealer asking for help like he did. To answer Alexander's post, and since I own a website company just like J. Chura's, the reason why I didn't reach out to the dealer (and I hope that other business owners follow the same path) is because I follow the rules of the forum which prohibit us from doing so.

:iagree: @joechura came in after his company was mentioned. That's not an outright solicitation. DealerRefresh has always encouraged representatives of organizations to respond to their clients and/or prospects. What is frowned upon is a vendor plugging his or her organization without the community's prior engagement.

and that is exactly what I wrote... I didn't say anything to Chura nor to the forum admins... I answered to Alexander that the reason why other owners haven't done so is because other website owners were not asked to join the conversation.

Sorry Yago. It sounds like you're taking things differently than the rest of us. Lau wasn't the only one to mention DealerInspire. There is absolutely nothing wrong with @joechura doing what he did after his company was mentioned. Please give this a rest.

Correct, I was just answering to Alexanders post on why other's don't post their info so suddenly we didn't have a bunch of people requesting business in the forum.

I'm going to go back to college English classes because I'm amazed that you still don't get that I have not complained about Dealer Inspire at all, I just responded to Alex's comment.

But I understand that I can't be that you and Adam S. are not reading or understanding my post, it has to be the way I wrote it.

Last edited: