• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
I agree that it's beneficial to have a listing of all the players in one spot for dealers to go view and learn and research however all the ratings are garbage. It's insanely easy to "honestly" game them and it's also no different than pay for play with Yelp. I've yet to see an "industry award" that's not given to the friend of the judge or the biggest advertiser. Same with conventions, same with referrals, etc. You can't be mad, it's what makes the world go around.

Show me a stock broker that doesn't take their commission into account when making a "recommendation" to a client. It's also why the car with the biggest spiff gets shown to everybody, no matter what they're looking for. The difference is we're not passing that car off as something it's not other than a great deal. The conventions and "guru's" are passing the awards off as "unbiased" when in fact they're not.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
Let me make this simple: DealerRefresh is not jumping into the vendor ratings game.

We are jumping into the Sponsored forum game and we are creating pages for every vendor who does any kind of advertising with DealerRefresh. In time, I think we can build a directory like @craigh is talking about.

@Alexander Lau keep the suggestions coming though! Just because we are not doing the rating system, I'm very curious to hear what you would like to see to make your company better known. By the way, did you see that you can throw an offer up in the Deals4Dealers section at $0 cost?

Reactions: Stefan and craigh
Although the title of this thread is the title of this thread, I guess what I really would like to see if what @craigh devised (a vendor index with options).

A vendor landing page could be beneficial (keep vendors aware that they are held accountable for their wares) = community / product user comment section, etc.

Hey, if you decide to throw in an emoticon scale or some sort of basic rating system, it would be interesting. However, on DR's side it would also get ugly. To be authentic, you'd need strong bot control and even greater admin resources (probably not worth that stretch).

@BenAdler, LOL you're so used to people asking about which tools to use, you just fired a response. You're proving my point. It was a suggestion as to whether to insert it on this platform, hence the 'Suggestion Box' category where this thread currently lives. ;-)

I agree that it's beneficial to have a listing of all the players in one spot for dealers to go view and learn and research however all the ratings are garbage. It's insanely easy to "honestly" game them and it's also no different than pay for play with Yelp. I've yet to see an "industry award" that's not given to the friend of the judge or the biggest advertiser. Same with conventions, same with referrals, etc. You can't be mad, it's what makes the world go around.

Show me a stock broker that doesn't take their commission into account when making a "recommendation" to a client. It's also why the car with the biggest spiff gets shown to everybody, no matter what they're looking for. The difference is we're not passing that car off as something it's not other than a great deal. The conventions and "guru's" are passing the awards off as "unbiased" when in fact they're not.
Definitely.

Think about the largest automotive review and ratings systems out there in automotive. They are a pay to play / soft extortion scenario. "Hey dealer guy, here's a negative review by one of your customers, if you pay us we'll allow you to alleviate it and change the review / rating." I used to live this shit.

Haha, I honestly thought this thing was dead. @Christine Plunkett told me it’s a revival.

Not directed at either of you. It was in response to Yago. Not directed at him either. Those awards are a joke.

@Jeff Glackin I totally understand, they are definitely not perfect. In the end you have to think of the reason why someone creates an award series.

Reactions: Jeff Glackin