• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

First Full Day With Vin Solutions

We kicked off last week as well. While not as ecstatic as Mitchell, I'm happy with where we are so far. We have our first in-store training tomorrow morning and I hope their trainer is getting a good night sleep because we're certainly ready for her.

As you mentioned Mitchell there are the normal quirks of getting to know a new system, but my biggest issues to date are how appointments are completed, getting a report built to reflect ISM performance, and a way to cure this uneasy feeling about not really knowing where to look like I did with our other ILM.

I will say the support has been very responsive.

We kicked off last week as well. While not as ecstatic as Mitchell, I'm happy with where we are so far. We have our first in-store training tomorrow morning and I hope their trainer is getting a good night sleep because we're certainly ready for her.

As you mentioned Mitchell there are the normal quirks of getting to know a new system, but my biggest issues to date are how appointments are completed, getting a report built to reflect ISM performance, and a way to cure this uneasy feeling about not really knowing where to look like I did with our other ILM.

I will say the support has been very responsive.

Are you talking about making it so there are less steps to complete appointments?

:bump: it Tuesday. Look at the old faces in this thread :hello:

I hear there is a new version of VinSolutions in the wild. Anyone using it or seen it?

A little assumptive backstory: when the decision to kill the Dealer.com CRM was made the VinSolutions crew promised they could build everything that was in the DDC CRM. All I ever heard (and am still hearing) is that they didn't realize how hard it is to bake dealer group capabilities into the core of your database (tenancy is the technical term for it). I can only imagine how impossibe it is, to do it right, when you have a core that was originally built in the early 2000s.....AKA nearly 20 years old.

:bump: it Tuesday. Look at the old faces in this thread :hello:

I hear there is a new version of VinSolutions in the wild. Anyone using it or seen it?

A little assumptive backstory: when the decision to kill the Dealer.com CRM was made the VinSolutions crew promised they could build everything that was in the DDC CRM. All I ever heard (and am still hearing) is that they didn't realize how hard it is to bake dealer group capabilities into the core of your database (tenancy is the technical term for it). I can only imagine how impossibe it is, to do it right, when you have a core that was originally built in the early 2000s.....AKA nearly 20 years old.

Nothing new here. VinSolutions is the same creaky, sprawling beast it ever was.

Well, that’s not true. It’s worse than it was six years ago. Definitely no new version, lol.

Does Cox do new versions of anything? Ever?

Nothing new here. VinSolutions is the same creaky, sprawling beast it ever was.

Well, that’s not true. It’s worse than it was six years ago. Definitely no new version, lol.

Does Cox do new versions of anything? Ever?

I think they have to many cash cow's to truly care about development. I mean, their platform (dealer.com) is very outdated, and LAGS! Their mobile pages (despite having ripped out content) runs at 10-13 seconds download speed :sleep: :unclejoe:

I think they have to many cash cow's to truly care about development. I mean, their platform (dealer.com) is very outdated, and LAGS! Their mobile pages (despite having ripped out content) runs at 10-13 seconds download speed :sleep: :unclejoe:
Too true! We ditched our DDC site almost a year ago and couldn't be happier.

On the VinSolutions side, I've been trying to run a simple report in Connect for over 90 minutes with no success. Maybe before I go to bed tonight I'll be able to see it.