• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Setting up a Photo Booth

This is the company I was talking about the other day...this is a possible solution for those who do not have the space needed to do create a booth.

https://www.3iblackwidow.com/

@Todd Caputo thanks again for joining us last Friday on RefreshFriday. You and @joe.pistell shared a ton of great information for dealers looking to take their photo/video merchandising to the next level.

That's some badass shit they have going on. It's only a matter of a few more years before virtual photo booths are more common across the dealer industry. I'm excited to see how the technology evolves.

I found this old photo from a dealer I used to shoot for. This booth has roll up sides so the dealer can park cars there when not being used for photography. The back banner also rolls up to reveal their Mercedes store name. Many many drawbacks to this booth though

IMG_3645.JPG

Last edited:
Think stock photos of new cars are 'good enough'?

Think again: https://www.valleycadillac.com/VehicleSearchResults?category=new&year=2019&make=Cadillac&model=XT5

15 units in 4 different colors with a $13,000 spread from lowest to highest price... and all 15 on the SRP look like this:
View attachment 3782

Excuse my French here, but in the words of Nick Swardson's character from the cinematic masterpiece, Grandma's Boy, "your sh*t's weak!" There is no excuse these days for that weak a$$ sh*t. NONE. A used iphone from ebay can be had for a couple hundred bucks. Every inventory management tool has an app. What the f*ck are we even doing!? If you're not going to post "live" photos of your inventory, don't even come to work.

Whew, sorry, had to get that out. I feel better now...

Photobooths require photography skills to take advantage of. We don't process 1000's of cars per year but our photos are what sell our vehicles because we are online based/by appointment only so no lot ups(well rarely). I love to shoot our vehicles outside when weather permits (overcast/mostly cloudy) because you just can't replicate that with a photobooth. Interior photos are difficult because you HAVE to use a tripod and have a longer exposure to get decent interior photos. The GTI was photo'd outside and the BMW had it's interior photo'd in our inside booth.

IMG_8570.jpg IMG_8741.jpg IMG_8843.jpg IMG_8872.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9581.jpg
    IMG_9581.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9591.jpg
    IMG_9591.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9633.jpg
    IMG_9633.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9688.jpg