• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

First Full Day With Vin Solutions

Sep 16, 2009
First Name
Mitchell
I just wanted to write about our first full day with Vin Solutions. As anyone who has ever changed their CRM, or DMS, system quirks, issues etc. always come up. Now we've been with Higher Gear for over eight years so we expected some resistance. Well a funny thing happened on the way to the forum, the salespeople are happy. They love the new system and even the computer illiterate ones who have been here for eight years have taken to the program. That's not to say there aren't quirks, issues etc. It just means they're manageable and I am the happiest person in the world. Just the fact that I was able to see a customer who sent in a lead yesterday, saw he read our email to him 4 times and he came in this morning at 9AM was mind blowing.:D

Wow Mitchell...that sure is a lot of excitement for only one day.

I've been apart of 6 CRM installs (all different vendors) and basing a judgment call on only day one, I can promise you is overshooting ones excitement.

Also..I'm once again curious to why you didn't just update your original thread...

http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f5/changing-crms-458.html

anyways...

Mitchell, we should refrain from any new threads for VIN Solutions while keeping this one thread bookmarked/live so you can come back here to update your zealous feelings (good and/or bad) for VIN.

I do hope that every day with VIN is as good as your first day. Congratulations on a fantastic first day.

You should really know the person you are speaking about before making accusations. When I like a Vendor I let everyone know, when I don't I do the same. If any vendor ever offered me a kickback I'd throw them out of the dealership on their butt! My job, reputation, and professionalism is much more important than any stipend could ever be. I went with Vin Solutions after months of analysis and am using these forums for what they're meant for - feedback! Now go take whatever kickbacks you've received in the past and buy yourself a muzzle!:cursin::cursin:

I like vendor kickbacks too.

I actually tried to but the thread was closed. Sorry!

Wow Mitchell...that sure is a lot of excitement for only one day.

I've been apart of 6 CRM installs (all different vendors) and basing a judgment call on only day one, I can promise you is overshooting ones excitement.

Also..I'm once again curious to why you didn't just update your original thread...

http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f5/changing-crms-458.html

anyways...

Mitchell, we should refrain from any new threads for VIN Solutions while keeping this one thread bookmarked/live so you can come back here to update your zealous feelings (good and/or bad) for VIN.

I do hope that every day with VIN is as good as your first day. Congratulations on a fantastic first day.

I'm sure that if I would have gone with Dealer Socket as opposed to Vin Solutions I would have been equally impressed! Dealer Socket is a great program and certainly it's no reflection on them that I love Vin Solutions. The professionalism shown by every one I dealt with at Dealer Socket shows me how good they are! Remember I'm coming out of Higher Gear so my enthusiasm is more for the incredible things a CRM is supposed to do actually being able to get done! I'm sure anyone looking to get a better CRM would be thrilled with Vin Solutions, Dealer Socket, or eLeads. All seemed like great programs and would do any dealership proud!:D

I can back Alex up on that. We demo'd Mitchell and he says he had to choose between us and Vin. He's a good guy who is just excited about CRM in general!

Good luck Mitchell!

Shellie Pierce
[email protected]
www.dealersocket.com

That's so true. There are so many programs better than Higher Gear out there. It's a shame because I now see Higher Gear actually starting to react to competition and are working on their product again. It will be interesting if they make a good product in time before they lose all their customers! I'll still be keeping track of HG for the next year and a half, after that if nothing's changed I'm writing the company off for good.