DealerAuthority Automotive Almond Milk

erika_simms

Administrator
Oct 16, 2018
First Name
Erika
Fun title right?? Wondering.... why?

Keep reading.

Recently our Marketing Manager, Tabitha Flythe, listened to an interview on the podcast, "Creative Peptalk" with Marketer, Seth Godin. Anyone ever heard of him? Seth is a pretty interesting guy. His insight into the world of marketing is applicable to so many different industries and we decided that we would share his ideas with our automotive audience.

Ready to become automotive almond milk? Read on.

@erika_simms old school DealerRefresher's definitely know who Seth Godin is. We praised his teachings and referenced his books here for several years. I have a signed copy of Purple Cow floating around here somewhere.

Enjoyed the article you linked/shared. Had me thinking about a few of the things we do differently here at MBH to try and interrupt our target audience. Most of what we do is post purchase and service that sets us apart of others.

@erika_simms old school DealerRefresher's definitely know who Seth Godin is. We praised his teachings and referenced his books here for several years. I have a signed copy of Purple Cow floating around here somewhere.

Enjoyed the article you linked/shared. Had me thinking about a few of the things we do differently here at MBH to try and interrupt our target audience. Most of what we do is post-purchase and service that sets us apart of others.

I haven't had the pleasure to see Seth live, but it's definitely on the bucket list for 2019! His concepts really get your wells turning... even internally for the DA staff and how we handle our B2B marketing.

Post-purchase services are an excellent example of an "interrupter"!! How do you promote those services to your target audience?

I haven't had the pleasure to see Seth live, but it's definitely on the bucket list for 2019! His concepts really get your wells turning... even internally for the DA staff and how we handle our B2B marketing.

Post-purchase services are an excellent example of an "interrupter"!! How do you promote those services to your target audience?
https://www.ventureharbour.com/8-uncommon-ways-increase-ppc-conversions/
#8: Create campaigns for your existing customers
I’ve touched on this a couple of times today but let me make one thing clear: the best kind of customer is a repeat customer. People who buy once are more likely to buy again – as long as you keep them excited about your brand and what you have to offer.

You already know how to target existing customers with PPC ads because we looked at remarketing and uploading email lists earlier in this article. What you need to do now is build a profile on your existing customers so you can create ad messages that whet their appetite for future purchases.

Here are a few things to consider:
  • What’s your product/service lifecycle?
  • What related products/services will interest each customer (based on their purchase history)?
  • What do your customers need/want in between purchases?
Example
The first question is important because many people buy phones on an annual basis but software customers will ideally be yours for many years. You need to know when your customers are likely to get the itch to buy again and this depends entirely on what you’re selling.

Repeat customers don’t necessarily buy the same product every time, of course. For example, phones are better with accessories, software can be upgraded to premium packages or combined with other platforms and just about every purchase opens the door to buying related products.

Finally, it’s important to keep customers sweet between purchases by addressing their needs after the initial sale. This starts with exceptional customer service but ask yourself what else you can do to meet people’s needs because this is how you build brand loyalty.

By knowing when your customers are likely to buy again and keeping them happy in the meantime you’re in a good position to target them with ads that make them hungry for the next purchase and ensure it’s your brand they come back to when the time comes.

Last edited: