• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

RIP Facebook Marketplace for Car Dealers

We have given an office worker admin rights on FB to manually post our used vehicles. When she goes to save or edit the listing goes to her pesonal Facebook page. And we cannot figure out why when I can save them under the dealership name. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Got the same problem, I got tired . For more than 2 week I trying to solve this issues

We have given an office worker admin rights on FB to manually post our used vehicles. When she goes to save or edit the listing goes to her pesonal Facebook page. And we cannot figure out why when I can save them under the dealership name. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, it is broken. We all have the same issue. We just started listing them personally and clearly state that they are dealership owned vehicles.

Reactions: craigh
I've noticed that Facebook Marketplace does not show your images in the order that you upload them. At least not for me. Not anymore. It seems to shuffle all the images now. Have any of you found a way to control what image becomes your hero image (first image)? Or is this just how it is now?

Hi all,

I have been in contact with Facebook Concierge Support the last few days.
Like others, we have lost the ability to post vehicles on Marketplace through our business page.
Support is aware that this is beyond an isolated issue, but perhaps if more were contacting them it might spur them to action.
Here is the link they provided for leaving feedback on this issue
https://www.facebook.com/help/contact

To contact Concierge Support (talk to an actual person at FB!)
https://www.facebook.com/business/help/support > Contact Advertising Support > Select Your Asset > Select your issue

This is the only way I've found to actually talk to someone, although in a week of "troubleshooting" I have seemingly not made any headway.

"Using our desktop app" implies that they're scripting it and the desktop tool is manually posting each vehicle.
It could work for a long time, or it could work for a few days - hard to say.

I've been burned by tools like this in the past, but it's also possible to quite effectively pretend to be a human and perform actions like these.

"Using our desktop app" implies that they're scripting it and the desktop tool is manually posting each vehicle.
It could work for a long time, or it could work for a few days - hard to say.

I've been burned by tools like this in the past, but it's also possible to quite effectively pretend to be a human and perform actions like these.
Thanks, craigh! It sounds like your dealership won't be jumping on this.

Reactions: danielgrich1
From everyone I've talked to (and it seems like someone calls every day with the panacea) there are two things that they're basically offering
1 - They are manually posting through your account (you give them access to your personal/business account, and they basically "manually" post the ads - or they say manually...) the issue is most dealer's I've talked to (including myself) cannot access marketplace from their business page to start with, making it a non-start, even if you wanted to share all that info/data with some company.

2 - They are posting your inventory through personal accounts. Some are bots, some real people. Basically what everyone is doing themselves once Facebook locked them out of making marketplace listing under their business page. This can work so long as nobody reports it (or if they do report it, if Facebook fails to do anything about it, which is decent odds) but of course, at some point they will likely crack down on this practice.
* It is important to consider state regulations with advertising with any of these but especially having your inventory posted under a personal account. If the State (wo)man comes to your dealership and asks to see the salesman license of one of these accounts posting your inventory, you are likely on the hook for a lot of $$$ in fees/fines.