• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Josh Bertoli

Green Pea
Nov 30, 2021
First Name
Joshua
I am relatively new to sales. Currently I am wanting to learn how to structure an outbound process. Whether that be reaching out to old files in my dealerships CRM or something else. The lot traffic has been dead for a while, and internet inquires have decreased a good amount. This site is great, but I am having a hard time navigating the UI. So if there are resources or threads I can tap into. I'd greatly appreciate links or which direction to go in.

I am relatively new to sales. Currently I am wanting to learn how to structure an outbound process. Whether that be reaching out to old files in my dealerships CRM or something else. The lot traffic has been dead for a while, and internet inquires have decreased a good amount. This site is great, but I am having a hard time navigating the UI. So if there are resources or threads I can tap into. I'd greatly appreciate links or which direction to go in.

Interesting the UI is difficult for you, Josh. But welcome :hello:

When I started selling cars at a new store, I had luck calling people who were selling their cars in classifieds. Admittedly, there weren't as many Nigerians calling back then, but if you can put a tough skin on you may find some deals.

Thank you Alex. What kind of process did you have in place for cold calling? Would you call, text, and email? And would reach out to them for a set amount of days?

I was an individual salesperson trying to hit numbers and earn a big commission check! I was also 20 years old at that time - do you think I had a nice defined process :lmao:

Texting didn't exist back then and email wasn't a tool many used. I called and left a compelling voicemail. So many salespeople don't realize the power of a short, to-the-point, and compelling voicemail.

"I saw your ad in [AUTOTRADER] and would like to make you an offer. Interested in trading your [MODEL] on a newer one? My name is Alex and my cell phone number is 757-555-5555."

Reactions: Josh Bertoli