• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone using iHeart's XVin solution - looking for feedback

Hi. I'm jumping in late here....regarding XVIN...is it an IHeart product or are they just white labeling? Also.... who is a competitor of the XVIN product for comparison?
The iHeart rep dodged the white-label question. Historically, many of their offerings do tend to be white-labeled products that they resell.

The biggest competitors to XVIN are:
  • LotLinx
  • ZeroSum
  • CarClicks
  • & the million other dynamic inventory-based ad companies that sprout up seemingly every day with secret patent-pending magic targeting technology (insert geofencing, conquest, cancel third parties trigger phrases)

• Hilarious
Reactions: Rob and jennj
The iHeart rep dodged the white-label question. Historically, many of their offerings do tend to be white-labeled products that they resell.

The biggest competitors to XVIN are:
  • LotLinx
  • ZeroSum
  • CarClicks
  • & the million other dynamic inventory-based ad companies that sprout up seemingly every day with secret patent-pending magic targeting technology (insert geofencing, conquest, cancel third parties trigger phrases)
Thank you for the insight!

I kept pressing for where they were getting the data from the "3rd party anonymous sites". It appeared to just be retargeting. Curious is someone us using it and looking closely at the behavior on their website (with goals and conversions) as it clicks through. If it is just retargeting, you already paid once to generate the VDP (eg. they looked at that specific car on AutoTrader) and then XVin is just retargeting that specific car wherever the shopper goes. Am I incorrect?
I am currently using xvin for a client and while it is just a retargeting, they seem to do a much better job than Google display ads at popping up during testing I have done. Client's sales velocity has increased quite a bit since starting it as well. Of our monthly digital spend xvin makes up about 20%. Currently happy with it (though getting detailed answers can be difficult as you noted, though I am starting to get a better sense of what they are doing). I do worry/wonder, how they are able to claim some of their metrics without running afoul of privacy laws, and am awaiting an answer on this. New/used dealer, retail/commercial.

$1 per VDP view seems a little pricey when they are using dynamic Facebook AIA and Google Display Ads to generate the traffic.

Although compared to LotLinx's average cost per shopper of around $3-4 using similar tactics, it seems like a bargain.

They sure have dealers' trigger words nailed down though - conquest your competitor's traffic and cancel your third parties!

Did iHeart actually develop this program? Historically they've been more of a middleman reseller of other companies' white-labeled services...

In an attempt to clarify, iHeart's xVIN AdTech solution has nothing to do with Stream or Full Throttle. We do not white label it to them or from them. While I know everyone's intentions here are for the best, unfortunately, there are a lot of inaccurate assumptions being made on this thread. If you truly want to know about xVIN (or any of our automotive products), I'm happy to work through the details and answer any of your questions. As a longtime Dealer Refresh member, we can approach it as just an informational call. Reach out anytime. We can set up a quick Teams call. My number is 305-321-5665, email: [email protected].

In an attempt to clarify, iHeart's xVIN AdTech solution has nothing to do with Stream or Full Throttle. We do not white label it to them or from them. While I know everyone's intentions here are for the best, unfortunately, there are a lot of inaccurate assumptions being made on this thread. If you truly want to know about xVIN (or any of our automotive products), I'm happy to work through the details and answer any of your questions. As a longtime Dealer Refresh member, we can approach it as just an informational call. Reach out anytime. We can set up a quick Teams call. My number is 305-321-5665, email: [email protected]
XVin is an IheartMedia product...but they white label it for Full Throttle. You can get a free 30 day trial from FullThrottle. fullthrottle.ai | Cookieless 1st party data for Agencies, Media, & Brands
They each have their own (but similar) pricing structures.
Edited to say: Shopper Suite is a Full Throttle product that is white labeled by Iheart. My bad. My apologies for the miscommunication.

I am with Cox Media and we have a similar product. The main point of these programs is not a cost per VDP view it optimizes for sales of vehicles by focusing on the inventory sitting on the lot and inventory that is under-marketed to SELL these vehicles. If you want a low cost per view, the programs will focus on the most popular vehicles to get the most clicks. Do you want clicks or sales?