• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

OEM Virtual Showrooms - Do We Like It?

@Carboi408 -

I'll echo Jon. Not personal at all. Please don't let my post steer you off of the forums. We mess around here quite a bit, but it is good-natured.

I did try to search for "Sam Zom" but I wasn't able to find any dealerships by that name. There is an advanced degree in SEO/SEM floating around in this forum contributed by many of the best and brightest in our industry. Please stick around and use that search function. You'll be amazed at what you find.

Hello Everyone :goodbye:, I think this is backfiring on me lol. I was just trying to spread the word about our experience with 360 imaging so far, also with every sign-up referral we would get a month free so I thought it would be an added bonus. I will go ahead and remove my previous post! Dont mean to be a spam and advertise here, seems like the wrong place for this kind of post. I already told Drivee team to try and do paid advertising or comment as a vendor here since it seems like the right audience for them.

P.S After some research I dont seem to be able to remove my post? If anyone know how to do this please let me know. @jon.berna @ryan.leslie

Many automotive communities have come along over the years, but they're all gone or dying. DealerRefresh was the first and still lives. I believe the formula comes down to two things:

1) Jeff and I have not made it our primary income source
2) We work very hard to keep the soliciting to a minimum

There are people like Ryan and Jon who have been with us for over a decade who understand the formula and try to give us a hand. In this case, @Carboi408, I think you've taken enough of a beating for your post to live on. People who do well generating leads from DealerRefresh establish themselves as a valued member of the community. Bringing ideas and volunteering their expertise without any apparent desire for compensation. Then, when the opportunity presents itself with something relevant, you should post a referral link to a solution that benefits you. And the best part is DealerRefresh's SEO is so strong, that post will get eyeballs for years!

I stumbled on this place by accident and what got me to join was the fact that people seemed really willing to share information and their experiences. Plus the fun atmosphere.

I appreciate the "pay it forward" that everyone has here and hope that I can share what I can to add to the community. I owe many people that have helped me to get where I am and since I can't pay them back, I can only try to help others.

Back on topic.

I swan dived into the Vonage archives and found this gem.

Vonage/Fiat - Live Experience

You can stop laughing about it being Fiat. The use case is solid in theory.

After speaking with some folks in Auto, we all agreed this doesn't work at Tier 3. If it's owned by Tier 1, the pass off to Tier 3 is key.

What stands out the most from this demo video is the "schedule a test drive" flow.

If this use case didn't work before, I would bet a steak dinner at Hugo's Cellar that it is because that handoff went south.

3 years later, it could be worth hacking again.

I didn't notice the first time. I had to watch again.
Because: The transitions didn't stand out and it was vague in the ask.

I think what stood out the most was the I got some great angles and got to see the tail lights and couldn't help to notice how close it looks like a Jeep.

I think the use case of that video didn't work was because covid hadn't happened yet. People were still conditioned to "drive on down" because that is what people think makes the sale.

Wouldn't customers be asking for more zoom/face time sessions after sending leads if they were that interested in this? We also discussed the aspect of how people don't like talking on the phone with a stranger. This isn't much different. Just playing devils advocate here.

I think the use case of that video didn't work was because covid hadn't happened yet. People were still conditioned to "drive on down" because that is what people think makes the sale.

If it worked or not is TBD. Our EMEA team did that.

In the US, this use case still exists today with many brands. The best example I've seen is from GM.

I'm getting interest from other another OEM with strong US presence...that used GM's Live as an example.

Wouldn't customers be asking for more zoom/face time sessions after sending leads if they were that interested in this? We also discussed the aspect of how people don't like talking on the phone with a stranger. This isn't much different. Just playing devils advocate here.

Heard.

The key here is hitting top/mid funnel at the Tier 1 website. You're not actively selecting inventory, but you're interested in the brand/vehicle. If the OEM could act as good stewards in building that interest then passing it, the lead (ideally appointment) is created. Lead gen through an engaged channel at Tier 1 rather than a requested channel for follow up at Tier 3.

I agree there would likely be discomfort in the user showing themselves on camera or talking to a stranger on the phone. The best approach I've seen is making it clear "you can see them, they cant see you" - 1:0 video.

Even if this isn't for everybody...the idea is that the OEM can serve the dealer in nurturing interest then you sell cars.

MY HANG UP

Let's say there is actually a solid video session with real interest in a test drive. Would you want the OEM to just set the appointment or send a lead for you to follow/set?

OEMs already do commercials.
IF the OEM does everything. Why do you need a dealer?

Most of my meetings have less than 50% zoom video rates. People don't want to show their faces to others. I would be even less inclined to put on make up to call a dealer. i want to sit in my BVDs and call the dealer.