• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

R&R ERALink Query Builder error

lakenheath

Green Pea
Aug 10, 2010
First Name
John
We use Query Builder to export sales and service data for marketing purposes. Yesterday, for several different dealerships, we get an error message when starting Query Builder.
First we get this error:
query_builder_error1.JPG

then you click OK and get this error:
query_builder_error2.JPG

the various dealerships aren't reporting any changes or upgrades on their end. I haven't been able to find out anything on the web, so I am wondering if any of you have seen this error before and what to do about it?
thanks!
John

I just attempted a Query Builder report and had no problems like that

The second error I'm more familiar with; check with whoever is the administrator and make sure your account is unblocked for 7601 (and, I want to say, 7602). Perhaps your account just got bumped out of that somehow. (It's suspicious that this issue is widespread, but you might as well try.)

Glad to see that we aren't the only ones that ran across this error yesterday.

A number of our Reynolds clients also started acting up just yesterday, unable to run the Query Builder or Download Reports. (All of the accounts that we used had access to 6910, 7601, and 7602)

Any word back on what happened? None of our clients have heard back from Reynolds yet regarding the issue.

I spoke to Reynolds with one of my clients. They said they did some work that shut off certain files "serindex" for example and also shut down query builders. Our client demanded them to be turned back on. They said they would need to right up a ticket and send to the developers. We asked for an ETA and got no answer. We are seeing this happen more and more through the last 3 days. Total of around 6-10 Rey Rey dealerships.

Reynolds continues to make it more difficult for me to get the data I need. While I did not encounter this problem, last week I lost access to quite a few files in Query Builder:

APPOINTMENTS APPTRACK CAMPAIGN CAMPAIGNWORK FOLLOWUPWORK MEDIAUPDLOG MISCCODES MVCOMPANY OPENROS PROSPECTWORK PUR.PAR RGLW.FILES ROEXCEPT SERINDEX.LOG SERVCCOMPANY SERVICEHIST SG.MILEAGE.MAP SPG.EST SPG.MENU.EXC STDMAKES TECHTIMES UDFDATA VENDOR VISITS WE.OWES WIPGOG WIPLABOR WIPPART WIPSUBLET WMICODES

And that's just in the Service application... I called tech support and they forwarded it to the black hole known as development.

Thanks for everyone's input on this. It is clear to me that this is an R&R tactic. As an I.T. consultant, and software engineer, I cannot believe that a software vendor charges their customers a premium, and then progressively strips away and hampers their ability to access and extract your own data. Of course they tell you that it is for your own good, and for security reasons, but that is a load of bull. It seems to me that they are forcing customers into coughing up more $$ to buy this functionality back or steer them into other R&R products. I know... I know.... I'm preachin' to the choir.

Thanks for everyone's input on this. It is clear to me that this is an R&R tactic. As an I.T. consultant, and software engineer, I cannot believe that a software vendor charges their customers a premium, and then progressively strips away and hampers their ability to access and extract your own data. Of course they tell you that it is for your own good, and for security reasons, but that is a load of bull. It seems to me that they are forcing customers into coughing up more $$ to buy this functionality back or steer them into other R&R products. I know... I know.... I'm preachin' to the choir.

That is a 100% by design Bob Brockman tactic. He ran UCS that way, ran FDCS that way, and is now running Reynolds that way. If you want it, you need to pay him for it. If URey doesn't provide the functionality you're looking for, too bad, you don't need it anyway. And don't forget to pay on the way out the door....