I think we can all agree that the customer journey consists of:
  1. Information gathering
  2. Making contact
  3. Exploring financing
  4. Negotiating and purchasing
  5. Vehicle delivery

Here are 5 tips to help you maximize each stage for customer retention:

TIP 1: Information gathering
To drive awareness, consider Google Ads to target prospective customers who are researching vehicles. Have information on your website to help answer questions prospects may have about certain vehicle models, financing or your contactless delivery option.

TIP 2: Making contact
Make it as easy with online chat and obvious phone numbers. If you’re using a CRM make sure new leads are assigned quickly and that sales reps contact them in a timely manner. An invitation for a test drive is a common initial touchpoint.

TIP 3: Exploring financing
Let customers know about special APRs that could help lower their monthly payment. Be honest and helpful during the financing process to create trusting relationships.

Over 90% of car buyers say trust is essential when deciding where to purchase their new vehicle, according to an Automotive Buyer Study in 2021 by Marchex.

TIP 4: Negotiating and purchasing
This stage can be frustrating for customers (and sales reps). To save time, have the buyer complete some of the paperwork before coming in and let them know how long the process will take so they’re prepared.

TIP 5: Vehicle delivery
Can you offer home delivery or even pick up a trade-in? Make the delivery a special experience for your customers with some dealer swag. Schedule the first few maintenance appointments to ensure the customer visits your service center to keep all potential revenue in-house.

What tips do you have to share with your fellow sales reps? I also have some effective post-sale activities I can share. Just leave a comment to let me know you’re interested.

• :light:
Reactions: bspringer