• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

A new data breach of humongous proportions has just been made public

Learn more about DrivenData

Diana Eidson

Smashing Bugs
Jan 16, 2019
First Name
Diana
This was a legitimate breach. I was hoping to be a part of this forum to help inform your members of things like this and to help educate. I apologize if I said or did something that was out outside of the "rules"

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
May 1, 2006
First Name
Alex
This was a legitimate breach. I was hoping to be a part of this forum to help inform your members of things like this and to help educate. I apologize if I said or did something that was out outside of the "rules"
You're fine. We are just sensitive to spam because we get attacked too often. A lot of time it is irrelevant stuff (a bit like what you're posting) to this community that is being done to establish an account before the full onslaught comes through.

If your intentions are as you say, then welcome! We're happy to have more voices.

Don't let @Alexander Lau's brashness get to you. He's an asshole :poke: :D

Diana Eidson

Smashing Bugs
Jan 16, 2019
First Name
Diana
No worries, appreciate it. I am here to assist with educational information in any way I can. Cybersecurity is certainly an issue. Just a heads up, I may be starting a discussion on "sextortion" email spam. It just happened to a potential client recently. It definitely should be addressed as it seems to happen a lot in the automotive industry. Maybe some tips on how to identify potential threats ect? I am here for you all just let me know if there is something in particular you'd like information on. Thanks!

Reactions: Alexander Lau

Alexander Lau

Under the Bridge
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
I am not sure how informing members of a data breach categorizes me as full of shit. You can google it if you'd like. I work for an IT company, we inform our members of alerts like this on a regular basis.
The bottom line, you're a newby attempting to make a sale. Get real...

Reactions: Diana Eidson

Alexander Lau

Under the Bridge
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
You're fine. We are just sensitive to spam because we get attacked too often. A lot of time it is irrelevant stuff (a bit like what you're posting) to this community that is being done to establish an account before the full onslaught comes through.

If your intentions are as you say, then welcome! We're happy to have more voices.

Don't let @Alexander Lau's brashness get to you. He's an asshole :poke: :D
That can be true, depends on my day. :)

Diana Eidson

Smashing Bugs
Jan 16, 2019
First Name
Diana
I guess that would make sense if I was a sales person but I'm not. I am here because I was invited to contribute and help educate. I can appreciate where you are coming from though.

Alexander Lau

Under the Bridge
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
I guess that would make sense if I was a sales person but I'm not. I am here because I was invited to contribute and help educate. I can appreciate where you are coming from though.
You listed your email address after a long speech, your next move is sales pitch. Come on...

Diana Eidson

Smashing Bugs
Jan 16, 2019
First Name
Diana
I listed my email address in case someone wanted to reach out with questions. I'd love to sit here and debate with you all day but unfortunately I don't have time. You are more than welcome to reach out to me at [email protected] if you'd like to discuss further.

Increase Test Drive Appointments!