• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

A new data breach of humongous proportions has just been made public

This was a legitimate breach. I was hoping to be a part of this forum to help inform your members of things like this and to help educate. I apologize if I said or did something that was out outside of the "rules"

You're fine. We are just sensitive to spam because we get attacked too often. A lot of time it is irrelevant stuff (a bit like what you're posting) to this community that is being done to establish an account before the full onslaught comes through.

If your intentions are as you say, then welcome! We're happy to have more voices.

Don't let @Alexander Lau's brashness get to you. He's an asshole :poke: :D

No worries, appreciate it. I am here to assist with educational information in any way I can. Cybersecurity is certainly an issue. Just a heads up, I may be starting a discussion on "sextortion" email spam. It just happened to a potential client recently. It definitely should be addressed as it seems to happen a lot in the automotive industry. Maybe some tips on how to identify potential threats ect? I am here for you all just let me know if there is something in particular you'd like information on. Thanks!

You're fine. We are just sensitive to spam because we get attacked too often. A lot of time it is irrelevant stuff (a bit like what you're posting) to this community that is being done to establish an account before the full onslaught comes through.

If your intentions are as you say, then welcome! We're happy to have more voices.

Don't let @Alexander Lau's brashness get to you. He's an asshole :poke: :D
That can be true, depends on my day. :)