• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Adobe Creative Master suite for Mac

In looking to take my computer ability to the next level I'm interested in Adobe Creative Master Suite. I figure this will take me as far as I need for right now.

My question is I don't want to have to spend the 2000 plus for the software and I'm not into ripping pirate programs online. Has anyone used or heard of Best Software - greatest-software.net it looks like if you can live without the hard copies this is a decent low cost alternative.
Thanks, Craig

I have used Software Surplus several times and they have been great. Great prices on Adobe software

http://softwaresurplus.com/

I just photoshopped my avatar (pic), trying to get it to look like a drawing or painting. I'm closing in, but not quite there. Original is here: Picasa Web Albums - TraderJoeNY

On the "2 week Chat performance test" thread a great point was made that stuck with me. Some peeps aren't photogenic, so I am tinkering with softening the look and moving it to a drawing or comic. Our Mitch Gallant has his avatar p'shopped

Last edited:
502ac997404638740088a80e874b419e.jpg
alex2.jpg

Tweaking pics is a lot easier when you've got a studio quality mug shot to work with​

Last edited:
Craig,

Everything revolves around your "intent".

If you buy a guitar with the intent to go make money with it (aka impress other people with your sellable product), it'll take years. Buying a better guitar may make the process take longer! It's really that simple.

Back to Intent...
...on the other hand, you love the intellectual journey of working with graphics, then screw the costs and the clock! Dive right in there and make a mess! It's great fun!

Joe,

I've read many of your posts and they are most of the time spot on. Here is another example of Good, Fast or Cheap. Pick 2. That is how my father (a professional commercial photographer) put it. If you want it fast and cheap, it aint gonna be good. If you want it fast and good, it aint gonna be cheap. If you want it cheap and good, it ain't gonna be fast.

p.s. The Avatar, photoshop'd!

Joe,

I've read many of your posts and they are most of the time spot on. Here is another example of Good, Fast or Cheap. Pick 2. That is how my father (a professional commercial photographer) put it. If you want it fast and cheap, it aint gonna be good. If you want it fast and good, it aint gonna be cheap. If you want it cheap and good, it ain't gonna be fast.

p.s. The Avatar, photoshop'd!

hahaha Bill,

That's one of my favorite lines over the years! I use it all the time! Here's how I heard it. While I was building a new store 'bout 30 years ago (gulp!) the project came to a crawl. A wize ol' contractor saw I was in a pickle and he hit me with this

"Son, we manage 3 things...

• Speed.
  • Price.
  • Quality.
You can't have all 3... PICK 2"

I'd love an afternoon of a few adult beverages and the stories from wize 'ol players like this contractor and your dad. Now that's entertainment!

Last edited: