• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AI (Artificial Intelligence) - Anyone Benefitting from it?

Ai search for normal google style is being done here:

For a car dealership.

Generative Ai would be good with offering tires for my vehicle given that I have driven X miles/km since my last visit.
Discriminative AI makes more sense for drilling through categories and find X vehicle for me.

So, let's see what happens:

me: I'm looking for a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4wd trail rated in black on black.
Ai: searching ... searching ... searching ... so we don't have one in inventory, we have options, here they are Blah blah blah.
(notice that all these other options being generated actually use electricity and warm the earth with the amount of GPU they use).

me: Show me the red option.
ai: sure! shall I schedule you a test drive?
me: sure

Scheduling AI: Hi! the vehicle you have selected to go on a test drive is no longer available. Here are 5 other options: blah blah blah (more green house gases being generated).
me: When did the the black overland trail rated 4wd Jeep GC come on the lot?
scheduling ai: 2 weeks ago.
me: make an offer on that one.
scheduling ai: sorry, you really should schedule a test drive before you buy.
me: I don't car, reserve it for me.

scheduling ai: connecting, connecting, connecting: please provide your PII.
me: my pii?

I blurred the lines between the ML and LLM AI generation. I think it will take at least a decade before we can go truly full voice assisted search since we are so used to the Discriminative methodology. I also base this on the idea that people still use pens/pencils as an interactive recording technology. lol, I should trade mark this phrase.

TLDR;
I think it's still too early for humans to switch over to a fully AI powered websites.
We still cling to older technologies.

Reactions: Greg Spencer
I'm definitely seeing advantages to AI. There are some smaller players, like @Seezar, that are delivering a much more interesting experience than what I'm seeing from the one(s) that have been in it a while.

FRIKINtech is working with a few AI companies that are providing better responses than what most dealership employees were doing. I was a major skeptic, but I'm coming around. It is proving to be a fantastic tool for handling the mundane.
Do you have time to meet with one more Alex? I have someone I think you should speak with...

Ai search for normal google style is being done here:

For a car dealership.

Generative Ai would be good with offering tires for my vehicle given that I have driven X miles/km since my last visit.
Discriminative AI makes more sense for drilling through categories and find X vehicle for me.

So, let's see what happens:

me: I'm looking for a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4wd trail rated in black on black.
Ai: searching ... searching ... searching ... so we don't have one in inventory, we have options, here they are Blah blah blah.
(notice that all these other options being generated actually use electricity and warm the earth with the amount of GPU they use).

me: Show me the red option.
ai: sure! shall I schedule you a test drive?
me: sure

Scheduling AI: Hi! the vehicle you have selected to go on a test drive is no longer available. Here are 5 other options: blah blah blah (more green house gases being generated).
me: When did the the black overland trail rated 4wd Jeep GC come on the lot?
scheduling ai: 2 weeks ago.
me: make an offer on that one.
scheduling ai: sorry, you really should schedule a test drive before you buy.
me: I don't car, reserve it for me.

scheduling ai: connecting, connecting, connecting: please provide your PII.
me: my pii?

I blurred the lines between the ML and LLM AI generation. I think it will take at least a decade before we can go truly full voice assisted search since we are so used to the Discriminative methodology. I also base this on the idea that people still use pens/pencils as an interactive recording technology. lol, I should trade mark this phrase.

TLDR;
I think it's still too early for humans to switch over to a fully AI powered websites.
We still cling to older technologies.
I tried Perplexity.ai for car search, but had some confusing results. On my first go, I gave some car-search criteria (available in my local market, body style, max price, mileage), and Perplexity.ai suggested five specific listings, with URLs, on various car-dealer sites and marketplaces.

But on the second try, Perplexity gave listing summaries but said it could not give specific listings/URLs. I tried again and again but could not get it to proffer specific listings/URLs.

Does anyone here know if Perplexity.ai offers integrations with car dealers or third-party sites so that its search tool is offered on their websites?

I tried Perplexity.ai for car search, but had some confusing results. On my first go, I gave some car-search criteria (available in my local market, body style, max price, mileage), and Perplexity.ai suggested five specific listings, with URLs, on various car-dealer sites and marketplaces.

But on the second try, Perplexity gave listing summaries but said it could not give specific listings/URLs. I tried again and again but could not get it to proffer specific listings/URLs.

Does anyone here know if Perplexity.ai offers integrations with car dealers or third-party sites so that its search tool is offered on their websites?
Another problem with my Perplexity.ai search results: none of the five listings it recommended were active :(

Reactions: Greg Spencer