• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AI (Artificial Intelligence) - Anyone Benefitting from it?

I am still not sold on AI.

An LLM can only be as good as the data you train it on and then you still have the human to tell the AI what data to look at.
AI is still at the summary level.

But I suspect with google search becoming more and more horrible that AI might just displace it.

Reactions: gavin.bannerinsite
I am still not sold on AI.

An LLM can only be as good as the data you train it on and then you still have the human to tell the AI what data to look at.
AI is still at the summary level.

But I suspect with google search becoming more and more horrible that AI might just displace it.
I agree with Google searching.

I much rather prefer "to the point" answers to my search. I don't want to scroll through 5 blog articles, lol.

I'm definitely seeing advantages to AI. There are some smaller players, like @Seezar, that are delivering a much more interesting experience than what I'm seeing from the one(s) that have been in it a while.

FRIKINtech is working with a few AI companies that are providing better responses than what most dealership employees were doing. I was a major skeptic, but I'm coming around. It is proving to be a fantastic tool for handling the mundane.

Reactions: BillKVMotorCo
For sure, AI is changing how things work, especially in car sales. It's not just about making jobs quicker; it's also about finding new ways to help out and talk to customers. Some places are already using AI to chat with customers or handle tasks that used to take a lot of time. This means people have more time for the important stuff.

Even companies that work a lot with car dealerships are starting to use AI. They're trying to make sure it helps without making everything feel less personal. It's all about trying things out and seeing what works best.

It's exciting to see how AI will keep making things better in the future!
Aren't you worried that AI will soon replace humans completely?

I'm sure things will change but in the chat space, AI is not there yet. Now granted we at CarChat24 are the slow to change chat company (last(?) using 100% in-house staff 24/7 - 8 years avg tenure with us- no AI- no bot- no outsource....AKA boring :)).

We lost 1 store (of a 15 store group we handle) to a 1 mo trial on Hammer. GTP based- it gave a complaining chat guest (that really just needed thier number taken and passed along to the dealer) a whole bunch of answers....here's the one that made the dealer end the trial on day 5 as he sent it to me (copy paste) :

If seen similar on other GTP based.
3. **Express the Urgency**: Make it clear that the mileage on your vehicle is approaching the limit for the warranty coverage, emphasizing the urgency of resolving the issue before the warranty becomes void.
HAMMER Solomon Brown

05/16 07:51 PM

delivered

4. **Insist on a Resolution**: Politely but firmly insist on a resolution or a clear action plan from the dealership. Given the runaround you've received, it's reasonable to ask for specific steps on how they will assist you in resolving the warranty claim with ECP.
HAMMER Solomon Brown

delivered

:huh?:5. **Consider Legal Advice**: If the dealership continues to be unhelpful and you believe your rights as a consumer are being ignored, it might be time to seek legal advice. A consumer rights attorney or a local consumer protection agency could offer guidance on how to proceed.
HAMMER Solomon Brown

delivered

1. Your persistence in seeking a resolution is commendable, and going prepared can make a significant difference. If there's any more information or assistance you need before your visit, feel free to reach out.
HAMMER Solomon Brown

delivered

1. okay thank you
Unknown

05/16 07:52 PM

1. You're welcome! If you have any more questions or need further assistance later on, don't hesitate to reach out. Good luck with your visit on Monday, and I hope everything gets resolved smoothly for you.
HAMMER Solomon Brown

05/16 07:53 PM

delivered"

Reactions: Tallcool1
Hi folks,
I'm writing an article about how genAI is, or can potentially be, used to improve search. There are lots of examples, I think mostly from other retail sectors, where a ChatGPT-powered search window is offered as an alternative to a standard keyword search. Coches.net is a Spanish marketplace that offers this. Any other examples? Do you think this really improves the customer experience? Do you know of better examples where genAI is being leveraged to improve search? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Hi folks,
I'm writing an article about how genAI is, or can potentially be, used to improve search. There are lots of examples, I think mostly from other retail sectors, where a ChatGPT-powered search window is offered as an alternative to a standard keyword search. Coches.net is a Spanish marketplace that offers this. Any other examples? Do you think this really improves the customer experience? Do you know of better examples where genAI is being leveraged to improve search? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

The closest thing to an AI search capability I've seen is Seezar. The bot they're using in Europe is pretty cool for helping customers find cars. I sent you a few threads to check out in an email, Greg.

Reactions: Greg Spencer