• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AI Incoming Phone Call attendant for Sales Appt. Setting

Hola,

Is there anyone out there deploying an AI chatbot to take an imcoming sales call, set and appointment and push the contact into VIN?

thanks in advance,

Leonard Person
Person & Partners, Inc.
512 297 6424
Incoming sales call? AI technology isn't quite there yet.

Sure, it can handle routine scripted service calls mediocrely well - schedule an appointment, check status, etc.

However, AIR AI is actively working on AI for sales calls; you can listen to this example Tesla call.

The voice sounds fairly robotic, with some unnatural pauses, but as the technology progresses will get better. It’s more impressive that it can take what the person says, process it, and reply in relatively real-time unscripted. Basically the audio version of chatgpt.

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@donnellycss/video/7256735379275943194

Last edited:
I regularly listen to sales calls received at my clients' dealerships and I would be shocked if any A.I. could understand some of the accents from rural Georgia, swamp country Louisiana, backwoods Alabama, and thick New Yorkers. I myself, who usually am good with accents, often have to give multiple listens to make heads or tails of some of what people say. We're closer to Skynet launching a nuclear attack against humans than we are in an A.I. understanding a caller from nowheresville Mississippi.

I regularly listen to sales calls received at my clients' dealerships and I would be shocked if any A.I. could understand some of the accents from rural Georgia, swamp country Louisiana, backwoods Alabama, and thick New Yorkers. I myself, who usually am good with accents, often have to give multiple listens to make heads or tails of some of what people say. We're closer to Skynet launching a nuclear attack against humans than we are in an A.I. understanding a caller from nowheresville Mississippi.
Try our beloved newfoundlanders lol. The rest of us can't follow it let alone AI

Reactions: joe.webb
@Leonard Person and I have had some great spirited discussions. @Alex Snyder - I work for Invoca, a conversation intelligence company who would be a partner of Stella, not really competitive.

For Invoca, conversation intelligence includes call tracking, call management, call analytics, and call scoring. This has changed a lot in other verticals, but not so much in automotive. Many other verticals are using conversation intelligence in everything from audience management and marketing efficiencies to smart routing and automated A.I. powered QA. Auto is starting to join the game though! Subaru, Autonation, Nissan, Infiniti, and many agencies.

For automotive, A.I. powered virtual assistants are becoming more popular, specifically for service customers. When customers call for service, it's a more objective linear phone call with low emotions and generally doesn't involve a significant amount of variability. On the sales side - it's a choose your own adventure book with high variability and calls are longer in duration. In my opinion - virtual assistants for the sales side of the house just aren't there yet.

Is there anyone out there deploying an AI chatbot to take an imcoming sales call, set and appointment and push the contact into VIN?

Inbound sales calls, IMO, are not by default an appointment only call. The customer is not calling to make an appointment to come into the dealership - they are calling to ask questions about the vehicle, their situation, etc etc. The appointment is usually asked for during the call by the salesperson once those questions are answered and a trust/relationship is built between the salesperson/customer.