• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Alternatives to Dealer Vault?

What are you trying to achieve? The tool can be used in a few different ways.

I like DealerVault, but their staff need to stop lying to dealerships about their RCI compliance and stop promising things they can't deliver.

I don't know of any others off the top of my head. In my particular situation, our DMS provider is UCS. I'm not a fan by any means of UCS. I will admit though we haven't had any data breaches though. It's a "I'll tolerate you but, I still hate you and everything about you relationship" LOL. The best advice I can give you is to work with Dealer Vault the best you can. While your working with with them, on your own time, you need to learn some scripting language. For DMS situations and data, I personally use vbscript and AutoIT for automation. Alot of folks use Auto Hot Key. I'm not real familiar with AHK but it has a pretty big fan base. You may already know a scripting language. I don't know. In my case, I automate and format alot of the reporting data that gets sent out to diff vendors that we work with simply because the DMS provider won't export to them. Or, its not correctly formatted. My point is, with scripting you could auto schedule your nightly reports to run then use your script / scripts to build reports off of those reports that were ran and export them to all the diff providers in any format you want. You can do this multiple times a day if you want to. Sorry I couldn't be of more help with a referral. FYI - even the guys over at the company mentioned use AutoIT.

Does anyone know of any? Nice folks but struggling to achieve what we need. Does anyone know of any alternatives in the space? thanks!

I too am curious to what you're trying to achieve. We are using DealerVault and unfortunately most of the issues that arise our user error on our end.

I could pull Patrick into this conversation. He works at DealerVault and has always been a strong go to person for me.

You guys actually hit the nail on the head...total user error :) I got it sorted out, but what I was looking to do was work off my service open RO feed to identify certain RO statuses in order to generate/compile specific ad-hoc campaigns

You guys actually hit the nail on the head...total user error :) I got it sorted out, but what I was looking to do was work off my service open RO feed to identify certain RO statuses in order to generate/compile specific ad-hoc campaigns

Very good idea and they should be able to help with that.
I've recently been farming through ROs as well - might be worth a thread to discuss some options there :)