• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Another Guest Post Network Goes Down

Apr 1, 2012
First Name
Cody
I haven't seen this mentioned on the boards at all, so I thought I'd throw it out there. Google is waging a war on guest blogging / posting. They have taken down 3 of the biggest guest post networks, and are working on taking down even more. This war against links isn't new, but the dramatic action that Google is taking on Guest Posts is.

If you have ever used a SEO service, or have ever had someone in house doing SEO, you should probably check out your link profile to see if you have any bad links. These would be links from bad guest blog posts, foreign websites (outside of your OEM country), adult websites or any website that has a really low authority. You will want to either request that the links be taken down, or just disavow them with the Google Disavow tool. You can check your link profile with Moz or Majestic SEO. Majestic has a more comprehensive index, but doesn't have all the tools that Moz does.

Not naming any names, but there are some SEO companies in our vertical that do utilize guest posting networks, and other link networks that may eventually get hit.