• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Any vendors offering a service to list vehicles on Facebook Marketing ? Car dealers, are you using f

Re: Any vendors offering a service to list vehicles on Facebook Marketing ? Car dealers, are you using facebook marketplace?

I know for a fact that Dan is referring to the Facebook Marketplace and NOT your facebook fan page. Very different.

"are you using facebook marketplace?"

2009-12-02_0136.png

From what I have gather, Oodle is the only way of getting your cars/item listed on Facebook Marketplace.

I made a few calls today to a few dealers that I know that was or are still listing their vehicles on facebook market place and not one had anything real positive to share. I think this is too new for anyone to really track and true measurable results from.

I encourage you to take a few moments and check it out yourself. Half of all the dealer listings link to a page with "vehicle no longer listed" or "Sorry, This vehicle is not available". IMO the whole shopping experience is lacking.

Hi, this is David from Oodle. Matt Watson of VinSolutions is correct in that Oodle accepts feeds from a wide variety of sources and syndicates them to many of our distribution partners, but we're currently syndicating *paid listings* only to FaceBook and MySpace.

You can post an individual listing for free to the Oodle partner list which includes FaceBook and MySpace at the below link. However dealer inventory in quantities would be through a paid program that Oodle handles directly ([email protected]).

Individual post link at:
https://secure.oodle.com/pro/regist...e.com/?post_redirect=1&partner=www&region=usa

David, great to have someone here from Oodle. Could you provide us with some solid stats Oodle is seeing with Facebook Marketplace from the dealer listings.

What kind of exposure are dealers getting on average?

Please provide some valuable feedback. Greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the great feedback. Interesting read. The main thing about facebook market place is that it is free. Just like craiglist. So there is zero harm in having exposure. I happen to work at a Honda dealership and think Honda vehicles would perhaps get more interest, but I could be wrong.

If I make one sale, that free advertising will cost average into the cost of all my sales leads. So I only see a positive with using the market place. I only want to make it easy, hence the question of a vendor offering the service.

350 million users .. think about that..