• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anybody used Reputation Changer?

We are providing our customers with great service, problem is that the previous GM and his team that ran this store did not. We have turned this place completely around but it was so negative that it's taking forever to get out of the hole they dug.

Rome was not built in one day and neither will your dealerships reputation. Earn those positive reviews one at a time. The positive will mask the negative in time. Make sure every customer is solicited for a review.

Use a template like this:

(Customer First Name),

Oh behalf of everyone one here at (Dealership Name), I would like to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to earn your business. It was a real pleasure helping you with the purchase of your (Make), (Model).

I want you to know that I am here to help should you have any questions or concerns. When it comes time for your first service visit, please give me a call and I’ll make sure you receive the (Dealership Name) VIP experience.

I would like to ask you for a small favor. Here at (Dealership Name), we pride ourselves on providing our customers with excellence when it comes to sales and service. In order to get the word out, we need your help. Would you please take a brief moment to visit one of the review sites below and write a quick review of your experience here at (Dealership Name)? If for any reason you feel your experience was anything less than 100% satisfactory, please call me so that I can make things right.

(put the link to the review site/s here)

On occasion, well post service specials on our facebook fan page, so make sure you become a fan of (Dealership Name). You can do that here: (link to facebook fan page)

Thanks again and we look forward to having you as one of our valued customers.

Sincerely,

(Salespersons Sig File)

Create a similar one for service customers. This is the help you need, not some third party service!

I have heard good things about reputation changer and have spoken to them reputation.com as well as profile defenders regarding dealer reputation management and services for my companies dealerships in West Virginia, Kentucky, and soon to be Western Michigan. Reputation Changer has an SEO approach to push out press releases on multiple news wires and will make your company look as if they are a printing press of positive pr and since most people dont go past the first page you are in good shape, Profiledefenders.com does a combination of positive reviews for the dealerships with press releases, websites, and blogs to improve the overall feel of the dealer ship and supposedly has a few connections between NADA and a handful of dealers (I have heard from a dealer friend who has used them that this is true but if anybody else can verify please chime in), and finally reputation.com seemed to commercial to understand about the ratings and offered to sell us a staple of 30 business profiles and bios which they said "truthfully it probably won't bury the negative content."

Hope this helps.

While you can make the point that you just need to do a good job at the dealership I think the neglect of competitors and viscious ex-employees are a big factor that contributes to ones image online. No matter how great you do at your job and servicing clients you are bound to have somebody who is unhappy for one reason or another.